Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Director, Strategic Procurement (SP) Corporate & Commercial working in close collaboration with internal stakeholders, will be responsible for the worldwide procurement activities for Corporate & Commercial, and be responsible for driving and implementing tailored strategic sourcing strategies to create cost savings, manage demand and to influence positive change in purchasing behavior at all levels of management throughout the organization.
The Director, SP Corporate & Commercial will be responsible for bringing and promoting a positive team spirit and will be collaborating with the different business units of Air Canada. The incumbent will report to the Senior Director, Strategic Procurement.
The Director SP Corporate & Commercial is expected to have a broad and global understanding of the procurement objectives and requirements of the Accounting, Administration, Ancillary revenue, Branding, Cafeteria, Communication, Contact Centers, eCommerce, Health & Safety, Human Resources, Legal, Loyalty, Partnership, Payment Solutions, Printing, Sales, Security, Training, Uniform and Air Canada’s teams.
- Be responsible for the management and supervision of all Air Canada contracts and global competitive sourcing related to Corporate and Commercial
- Provide coaching and mentoring to category managers in executing the end-to-end strategic sourcing process for assigned regions, which includes the following activities: market research, spend analysis, development of optimal sourcing strategies, execution of sourcing activities, negotiations, contracting, site inspections, supplier performance/relationship management and client relations
- Be proactive in understanding internal stakeholders’ areas of spend and their business requirements
- Create opportunities for procurement category management best practices, process streamlining, cross-branch synergies and cross-affiliate synergies
- Develop and manage relationships with all major suppliers at Executive levels. Establish/cultivate relationships/partnerships with multinationals for opportunities and/or product acquisition
- Develop subject matter expertise regarding commercial and technological trends so as to advise internal clients on current and future market capabilities
- Be responsible for providing leadership, analytical and tactical support in a broad range of strategic projects critical to the category. This includes direction of the strategic commercial process; strategic alliances; evaluating business opportunities; providing insight and direction in new acquisition development; preparing strategic reports, recommendations and presentations; and gathering market and competitive intelligence
- Negotiate large complex deals in excess of $5-200M;
- Guide and support category leads and sourcing team in developing globally harmonized, cross-divisional sourcing strategies and execute the vision of the Executive Strategic Procurement Council
- Be a change agent by effectively communicating Strategic Procurement's vision, strategy and goals
- Build internal stakeholders' alignment with the procurement strategy and supply chain operations
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with cross-functional groups, key suppliers and strategic partners to obtain synergies and “best value for money”
- Create value to shareholders (i.e.: cost reductions and competitive advantage) and internal stakeholders (i.e.: service level improvements and speed to execution)
- Drive and monitor compliance with preferred vendors, policies and procedures
- Monitor vendor management process compliance as to track actual supplier performance relative to established financial and operational targets from a TCO perspective
- Conduct periodic supplier performance reviews with key suppliers and internal business unit stakeholders and assist in the development and execution of vendor improvement plans to support the continued focus on delivering improved value
- Develop strategies and customized solutions for complex and key strategic partnership agreements leading to the development of existing or new suppliers
- Drive enhancements to business processes and systems using knowledge of supply chain best demonstrated practices and continuous improvement techniques/methodologies
- Identify new process improvements and ensure best demonstrated sourcing practices are utilized
- Gather and analyze market intelligence and vendor assessment reports to leverage applicable information to create, manage, modify and deliver a procurement strategy for the relevant country, region, city being sourced for Hotel rooms.
- Ensure contracts are negotiated and executed in accordance with Corporate Purchasing Policies and the company's Code of Conduct as to minimize undue risk to the corporation
- Recruit and develop high caliber procurement personnel as to strengthen the team's capabilities and provide employees with growth opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical or Business related is required. A combination of both a Technical or Business degree (e.g. MBA) would be considered an asset
- Minimum ten (10) years strategic procurement experience at middle-senior management level with demonstrated track record in the areas of strategic sourcing, category management and supplier relationship management
- Extensive aerospace or aeronautical industry knowledge and a global network of partners and suppliers.
- Strong business acumen and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written), negotiation, analytical and presentation skills
- Understanding of the structure of outsourced services contracting including knowledge of various terms and conditions and how risk is evaluated and mitigated
- Ability to effectively lead small to mid-sized teams in a result driven environment, work effectively on cross-functional teams and manage change within organization
- Must be adept at encouraging entrepreneurial/innovative ideas and build consensus at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated superior analytical capabilities, acute business sense and sound judgment
- Strong self-confidence with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Proven influencing and internal stakeholder management skills
- Must possess excellent project management skills
- Computer literacy required in MS Office
- Advanced degrees (Masters, MBA) preferred
- Purchasing Management Accreditation (SCMP/CPSM/CSCP) preferred
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.