Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, PSS Training Logistics, the incumbent is accountable for producing all training schedules in accordance with operational and commercial requirements. He/she will be responsible to create and maintain training schedules that optimize use of classrooms, participants and operational efficiencies. This position of PSS Training Logistics Manager will primarily support the PSS transformation initiative and teams.
- Participate and provide scheduling expertise during training planning meetings with key stakeholders
- Create and communicate to key stakeholders training schedules that match commercial plans that optimize instructor, classroom, and equipment use.
- Identify schedule gaps and work with stakeholders to ensure material/resource efficiencies are in place
- Deploy and monitor training schedules release
- Update/modify training schedules as per operational needs on a timely basis
- Liaise with PSS Resource Managers and operations to address schedule issues and ensure maximum optimization
- Provide scheduling and compliance reports
- Support the LMS Manager with the implementation of Air Canada’s learning management system and E-learning strategy
- Support the creation and implementation of processes in the learning management system to automate and enable operational training requirements
- Work with the PSS team, business partners and participants to manage enrolments and communications to participants and follow-up to ensure quality execution of training plans
- Participate in gathering information that will support the creation of financial business cases
- Respond to financial queries.
- Contribute to costs assessments and make appropriate recommendations on training schedules
- Support the preparation of AFCs and business cases for presentation to Finance Committee as required.
- Ensure training record retention processes and document archiving are in place and applied
- Maintain safety and regulatory qualification tracking systems for staff, facilities and equipment.
- Coordinate training equipment upgrades/repairs in all Airports in Canada/Call Centers
- Communicate with PSS Resource Manager to ensure class time is respected and adequate numbers of participants attend
- Organize venue logistics
- Ensure training plans correspond to applicable regulations, standards and collective agreements.
- Update, maintain and create reports on training and make them available to stakeholders.
- Update and monitor the Student Training Hours (STH) / Student Training Activities (STA) – Instructor (Lead Training (iLT) / E-Learning Training (eLT) report and to report out results to the Manager, PSS Training Logistics
- Keep abreast of corporate initiatives and communications
- Establish and maintain Business Processes and Procedures for the position
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required
- Project Management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to problem solve
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure, managing multiple projects
- Highly flexible and adaptable
- Excellent analytical abilities and computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Budgeting experience
- University degree an asset
- Operational knowledge (Airports/Call Centre)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.