Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Resource Scheduling Manager, the Senior Advance Planning Coordinator will be responsible for the development and production of employee shift rosters within 72hrs.
- Work with Operational Management to proactively respond to adhoc staffing requirements.
- Maintain and Monitor daily overtime, sickness and injury reports in Staff Admin.
- Develop daily staff rosters, including filling vacancies, reassigning staff, hiring overtime, managing under-time, and identifying exceptions.
- Effectively plan and delegate daily work assignments for the airports unionized staff using airport automation deployment tools.
- Monitor Streamline deployment on a daily basis
- Maximize mitigation savings while maintaining integrity of the daily roster.
- Responsible for facilitating of Loss Control Program through measurement and watch lists.
- Support the Management Team with employee schedule development and identification of anticipated staffing issues.
- Prepare and maintain statistical reports related to manpower planning.
- Potential cross-utilization as STOC Coordinator when required.
- Commitment to employee engagement
- High energy with solid planning skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt to changing conditions
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work under minimal supervision
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset; thorough knowledge of IAMAW or UNIFOR collective agreements
- Willingness to be flexible with scheduled working hours
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills with an aptitude for precision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing statistical reports an asset.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Thorough working knowledge of IBM Networks, Novel System Management, Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Streamline (Staff Admin and Staff Manager) an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.