Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are seeking a paralegal specialist with at least three (3) years of relevant litigation experience to join our dynamic legal team in Montreal. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel-Litigation, the selected candidate will provide paralegal support on a wide range of litigation matters. The selected candidate will be one who is a dynamic team player, as collaboration is an essential aspect of the job.
The successful candidate will need to have a strong litigation background and possess meaningful experience and a good understanding of the various courts in Quebec and the Federal Court. Experience with courts in other provinces is an asset. The person will be called upon to perform, among others, with lawyer oversight, the following tasks:
- Prepare responses to garnishments, subpoenas and production orders;
- Draft proceedings and responses to claim letters;
- Investigate and gather facts necessary to assess claims and prepare a response;
- Organize proceedings and evidence in litigation files and matter management software;
- Perform legal research;
- Draft and prepare responses and affidavits;
- Format, assemble and file proceedings before various courts across Canada including the Federal Courts of Canada, administrative tribunals and courts abroad.
- Perform additional functions as directed or assumed on personal initiative
To succeed in the position, the candidate should have a track record demonstrating the following qualities or characteristics:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages are required.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively in a context of shifting priorities, and to embrace new ideas; to adjust to a variety of situations and individuals;
- Solid research and analytical skills, to identify, define and assess all relevant factors and weight alternative courses of action, demonstrate sound judgment in fast paced environment;
- Capacity to work under pressure, displaying composure in sensitive situations;
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to develop strong co-operative relationships;
- Demonstrating proactivity; offer to assist and support co-workers, resourcefulness, and ability to handle work independently;
- Tenacity, energy to persevere towards goals, maintaining enthusiasm and drive through to attainment of objectives.
Integrity (including a strong work ethic, discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information) and a respectful demeanor are assumed. Knowledge of the industry is an asset. A successful candidate will be one who takes pride in his or her role as a representative of the Best Airline in North America.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.