Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Cybersecurity Governance team at Air Canada is seeking a highly motivated individual to support the Director, Cybersecurity Governance in ensuring data-driven decision-making throughout the Cybersecurity organization. We provide critical support to the business in terms of risk management, compliance management, cybersecurity operations, etc. As a Senior Analyst on the team, you'll be a highly valued thought partner for stakeholders within the IT organization and outside it; an expert problem solver utilizing quantitative and qualitative methods to get the facts. You will pay attention to detail, diligent, analytical and curious.
Your knowledge of Cybersecurity data, along with deep business context, will enable you to perform analyses to ensure the IT organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data backed Cybersecurity decisions.
- Empower leaders and organizations by providing high-quality reporting, analyses, and insights
- Support definition and maintenance of methods, techniques and calculations for identifying ways to improve cybersecurity
- Elaborate, and automate data and analytics solutions
- Build prototype models and dashboards to provide insights at scale
- Create effective, scalable and intuitive reporting solutions
- Use analytical reasoning to identify problems, develop hypotheses and recommend viable solutions
- Review and analyze data from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Deep dive into the data to identify new correlations
- In collaboration with the various stakeholders, develop, document, monitor and maintain the various cybersecurity reports and dashboards
- Collaborate with stakeholders on the interpretation of the metrics and corrective measures
- Provide expertise in the definition, selection and implementation of metrics and measurement methodologies
- Communicate target metrics to stakeholders
- Inspire, motivate and train team members to follow and achieve organizational security objectives
- Communicate analysis results and making recommendations to relevant stakeholders
- Support cybersecurity strategy and planning
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, or another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Cybersecurity
- Ability self-direct work in an unstructured environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Client service-oriented with an emphasis on creativity and diligence.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and presenting to audiences
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
- Experience using data visualization and conducting research using statistics (e.g., correlations, regressions)
- IT security certifications is an asset (SSCP, CISM, CISA, or CISSP)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.