Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Associate Manager, Brand and Corporate Events is a critical role that supports the Brand team through the implementation of best practices that assist in project management and manage relationships with various agencies and suppliers. The Associate Manager, Brand and Corporate Events will be responsible for partnering with agency partners, colleagues, and internal stakeholders to implement internal and external corporate events. The Associate Manager will assist the Brand and Corporate Events team in agency relationships, creative briefs, and project management as it relates to execution of live, in-market activations and events; including communications, reporting, and analysis, to ensure the executions drive Air Canada’s business and brand objectives.
- Responsible for project management, development of creative briefs and management of work back schedules for brand executions; liaise with other internal partners and external suppliers to ensure consistent and coordinated functions and schedules.
- Support in management and execution of Brand and marketing events including Product and Route Marketing campaigns including Wanderluxe, Canada’s Best New Restaurants, new product launch events (such as Maple Leaf Lounges), client events, support on Loyalty events, and other events in support of brand and marketing initiatives as required
- Manage and execute route launches, inaugural and anniversary flights, and other in-airport activations
- Assistance in supplier/vendor contract negotiation, event design, brand integration, social media/PR, and logistical details as appropriate for each event.
- Marketing support for the Global Sales team in fulfilling merchandise requests, NTP code requests, or anything outside of the Global Sales Comms team
- Manage event comms support for Executive led events such as Investor Day and AGM
- Manage Cvent maintenance including event templates, user roles maintenance, reporting (cross event), image library upkeep
- Work with the events team to create communications including invitations, reports, reconciliation analysis, meeting agendas and post-event summaries
- Utilize your network to negotiate best rates and conditions for all event related venues, suppliers, vendors and materials.
- Communicate with colleagues, contractors, agency partners, and external suppliers in a skilled and professional manner.
- Manage all supplier activity during events, including, but not limited to, branding, event related video production, staging, facility staff and audio-visual production.
- Use your experience, to problem solve and communicate as necessary to ensure effective results
- Keep current on industry technology, news and trends.
- Positively contribute to the Brand and Sponsorship team with insights and strategic point of views
- Degree/diploma in marketing/communications
- Minimum 4-5 years of marketing campaign and event execution experience
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Initiative and self-reliance with the ability to function autonomously
- Flexible, takes initiative, values teamwork and cooperation, and excels in building positive relationships
- Must possess exceptional organization, negotiation, problem-solving, crisis management and customer service skills
- Event design and executional experience is preferred
- Experience with brands and events of a premium nature is preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of computer applications required in advanced event planning; experience in Salesforce and Cvent is an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.