Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
As part of Global Sales branch, the Tourism and Partnership Support Manager will report to the Manager, Tourism and Strategic Global Partnerships to support tourism partnership development and activation in line with Air Canada Corporate and Sales priorities.
In collaboration with the Manager, Tourism and Strategic Global Partnerships, evaluate, implement, organize and communicate partnership programs/strategies/business plans/agreements with key Tourism Organizations, Convention and Visitors Bureaus, Airport Authorities and other relevant Travel Industry organizations across the globe by doing the following activities:
- Responsible to manage and follow up on Partnership activities and requests
- Initiate activities with partners intended to increase and enhance Air Canada’s exposure, factoring in existing marketing initiatives, Sales plans and objectives as well as RMSM feedback
- Nurture strong working relationships with all partners with care and class, as a team player.
- Analyse branch reports/data to identify and target areas requiring improvement
- Develop and implement co-op partnership and promotion plans with clear objectives aligned with Air Canada’s Corporate commercial strategies
- Act as a key liaison with applicable branches and functions to ensure smooth and timely implementation of projects and to facilitate opportunities with identified with tourism partners.
- Organize and participate in Commercial events as required.
- Accountable for the management and distribution of resources for familiarization trips and trade media activities.
- Manage the online partnership budget tracking form and track the distribution of partner funding to internal teams
- Coordinate distribution of promotional materials and content such as flyers, brochures and other documents to partners
- Support manager and sales team on the activation and implementation of Air Canada’s presence at sponsored tourism partner events – coordinating/ arranging for banners, logos, promotional items, Air Canada content and promo codes.
- Liaise with Law, Tax and Finance teams for the review and approvals of legal agreements, contracts and invoices.
- Provide recommendations on the effectiveness of partner activations (ie promotion codes and booking widgets on partner sites, coop campaign) by gathering, analyzing and reporting results.
- Track and monitor tourism partner activities across sales teams to understand and communicate ROI of partner relationships.
- Act as a key support for the Tourism and Strategic Global Partnership team and as a key liaison with other communication teams across the organization
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal teams and external partners as required. Liaise with appropriate groups, i.e. International Markets, Revenue Management, Network Planning, Marketing Communications, Corporate Communications and Government Relations
- Complete administrative duties required to support the Tourism and Strategic Partnerships team including invoice processing, contract management, and events organization
- University degree or equivalent experience (Marketing Communications or Tourism Management an asset)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English and French, additional language proficiency (e.g., Spanish, Japanese, or Mandarin Chinese) an asset
- Motivated by relationship management and ability to multi-task
- Thorough understanding of the of the Air Canada brand /ability to effectively and appropriately represent the Air Canada brand
- Organized with attention to detail
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Team player, strong interpersonal skills, proven customer orientation, and ability to work with various client levels and cultures
- Flexible and willing to work extended hours as required
- Some travel required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.