Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Do you enjoy working in a stimulating environment, influencing the direction of business resiliency solutions, and being recognized for your contributions to a dynamic team? If so, we are looking to meet candidates like you. We are seeking a Crisis Management Professional who will be responsible for providing expertise and strategic direction in the development, implementation and maintenance of contingency planning processes and procedures. The position will work to identify exposures to internal and external threats and organize resources to provide effective prevention, response, recovery, and restoration from any disruption and fortify business continuity. This position will ensure preparedness to manage operational incidents and emergencies effectively (including Emergency Response), with minimal impact to our business, subsidiaries, customers or brand.
Responsibilities will include implementing and guiding aspects of Crisis Management, and overseeing multiple complex systems while ensuring balance in allocation of resources. Coordination and collaboration with internal stakeholders will be essential to transform, and standardize requirements into contingency plans, business processes, documentation, training plans and execution (response readiness).
- Work effectively with operational branch leadership to address business resiliency requirements and concerns
- Integrate crisis management, crisis response, and contingency operations into existing and emerging plans, and emergency protocols for all facilities, events, and presence across the enterprise
- Define scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals and strategic objectives in collaboration with stakeholders. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve program goals
- Guide the crisis management team in business impact analysis, facilitation of continuity planning, verification of plan effectiveness through exercises, risk analysis and mitigation strategies
- Create roadmaps for future emergency management projects with internal customers and stakeholders
- Coordinate the planning, development, testing and direction of all disaster response/crisis management activities
- Serve as a corporate incident commander, providing expertise and oversight of global crisis response operations as a result of natural disaster, terrorism, political instability, and safety incidents including aircraft accidents/incidents that result in the activation of the emergency response plan
- Analyze incident data and identify trends, impact and possible improvements to realign business continuity strategies as needed
- Develop crisis management (emergency response and business continuity) policies and procedures in adherence with regulatory requirements and in keeping with industry best practice
- Function as the liaison with appropriate government agencies regarding Crisis Management
- Participate with industry, regulatory and/or government agencies in establishing emergency response and business continuity policies and recommended practices
- Develop training content for the Corporate Crisis Management Team
- Make appropriate judgment decisions quickly and decisively, often with limited information
- Exhibit calm under pressure; demonstrate leadership qualities in highly stressful situations
- Experience supporting a significant change (i.e., strategy, operations, process, structure, culture, or behavior) and demonstrated ability to bring others along successfully
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to defend ideas, respect the ideas of others, and be receptive to considering and integrating alternative perspectives
- Coach, guide, counsel and develop subordinate staff accordingly
- Experience in business continuity, crisis planning, emergency management, facilities/critical systems management, or related role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency/Crisis Management or similar concentration.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (DRII CBCP) or equivalent industry certification and Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) or equivalents an asset
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to network and interact with colleagues, peers, and senior executives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including an ability to use tact and diplomacy with people at all levels to get actions accomplished.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.