Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Pricing Operations Manager, this position is responsible for the implementation, distribution and support of Air Canada’s commercial and corporate fare products by ensuring the quality and accuracy of the fares to the appropriate distribution channels. In addition, the Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of a competitive fare structure on an assigned group of Origin-Destination (OD) and Point of Sales (POS).
- Execute the implementation, monitoring and adjustment of pricing levers such as pricing structures, fare simplification, seat sales, systems pricing activities/products, net product development and fare increase in order to further achieve the corporate revenue targets and strategic objectives established by the Pricing manager and the Manager Corporate Sales
- Analyse and determine the most optimal methods of fare implementation given the commercial and business intent of the request, the existing fare structure, ATPCO coding functionalities as well as database cost considerations.
- Ensure pricing integrity and accurate coding and implementation of all fares, product and brands within commercial deadline priorities.
- Monitor end-product delivery in all distribution channels (Call Center, GDS, AC.com, Mobile, Online Chanel) to ensure correct interpretation of Air Canada fares/rules/products and, as required, take corrective measures in a timely manner.
- Review and troubleshoot operational issues of AC’s product display within the GDS and Online Booking Tools.
- Implement and support specialize products (i.e. Aeroplan, baggage, seat selection, ACV, flight pass, groups, airmiles, NTP and Promo/ZED fares).
- Collaborate with the Pricing Managers and the Pricing Operations Manager by communicating and providing support to facilitate Revenue management decisions or tasks.
- Demonstrate motivation and initiative by designing programs that will create fares levels suggestions to facilitate Pricing Managers research.
- Implement the testing and implementation of new AC brand, fares and products.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge in ATPCO fare filing methods, processes and functionalities in order to recommend and apply their use efficiently and effectively to new and existing products
- College Diploma or working experience in a relevant field (e.g. formal travel/tourism course or training program)
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task with a strong sense of priorities.
- Ability to work accurately at micro levels of detail.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of airline reservation system, SABRE, Worldspan and Amadeus an asset.
- Airline reservations, pricing, fares implementation and rates knowledge are assets.
- Proficiency with PC applications, e.g. Excel.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.