Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Resource Deployment Manager is responsible for managing, coordinating and monitoring various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Correctly assigned tasks to employees based on their qualifications to contribute to operational safety, a satisfying work environment and improved customer service quality for the branch
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve staffing issues with a results-oriented approach.
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives for process & performance improvement within the Resource department.
- Consistently communicate with employees regarding company directions and explain the rationale behind our policies or decisions.
- In collaboration with the operational CSMs, responsible for performance management issues including identification of developmental needs and management of under-performance by coaching, counseling, and disciplining.
- Participate in management team decision making pertaining to the Resource department.
- Coordinate operational activities with operational managers and leads.
- Work within a team to deploy unionized staff in a fast paced and dynamic airport environment. Effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in customer service.
- Act as a coach for the employees, motivate and engage individuals and the team to build a positive and healthy working environment.
- Develop daily staff rosters, including filling vacancies, reassigning staff, hiring overtime, managing under-time, and identifying exceptions.
- Adjust staffing levels in response to operational changes.
- Effectively plan and delegate daily work assignments for the airports unionized staff using airport automation deployment tools.
- Manage and resolve employee issues that are escalated by Resource Coordinators.
- Play an influential role in nurturing a sense of ownership across the workforce, so that employees feel empowered to use their judgment and experience to make sound decisions.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to apply creative solutions that have a positive impact on results.
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, handle stressful situations and maintain flexibility.
- Ability to respond quickly to situations and seize opportunities.
- Ability to influence, convince and create mutually acceptable solutions in the context of conflicts.
- Possess an energetic and tenacious achievement orientation.
- Exhibit leadership qualities which elicit trust in employees and demonstrate leadership judgment.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in AC safety and service standards as well as labour relations.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous airport operational experience is an asset.
- Computer literate
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.