Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Director, IFEC Product and Analytics, this role will be responsible for identifying, monitoring, managing the In-Flight Entertainment and Connectivity solutions with respect to the customer experience that is currently deployed by Air Canada and the affiliated brands as well as, the future products and services that are intended to enhance and evolve Air Canada’s customer value proposition and industry position.
Monitor and report on the solutions being deployed by competing carriers directly impacting the Air Canada brands world-wide.
A key deliverable of this position is having the knowledge of the new products/services that are to be deployed within the industry and to be able to take these concepts and solutions to guide future Air Canada offerings.
The role requires a high degree of collaboration with Product Design cabin interiors and Air Canada Maintenance on new fleet acquisition or fleet refurbishments programs with respect to identifying and developing entertainment and connectivity solutions.
- Conduct post-launch assessment of newly implemented or re-visited initiatives
- Research, evaluate and filter product offerings within the In-Flight Entertainment, Aviation Connectivity industry and competitors and formulate/communicate these findings to stakeholders within the organization
- Challenge vendors, partners on ideas/proposals lacking substance
- Develop a competitive database of offerings
- Provide support and input into market research and testing process of new product/service assigned that are part of the assigned portfolio
- Responsible for the development of IFE and Connectivity strategies that are to be pursued on Air Canada and Air Canada Express fleet types
- Manage relationships with all internal colleagues and third-party vendors as it pertains to the Connectivity products and related processes.
- Support negotiation process with Air Canada Strategic Purchasing on items relating to the assigned portfolio
- Ensure that the strategic direction of the portfolio is delivered through the product implementation and operations groups as it relates to product performance, customer experiences and business programs.
- Build and manage portfolio business cases for all assigned portfolio programs and yearly business plan and budget for Connectivity
- Support New Product Development and Premium Marketing Partnerships areas in monetizing the IFE system
Execution and delivery of assigned programs within the agreed timelines and budgets which will be linked to one or more of the following:
- Customer satisfaction
- Customer acquisition and retention strategies
- Annual budget and performance against the assigned budget
- Contribution to revenue/market growth objectives
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Engineering or the Arts
- 5 years’ management experience in a technology related field
- Knowledge or exposure to Air Canada’s products and customer value propositions would be an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of airline technical systems and an aptitude for emerging technologies and ability to understand how these technologies can evolve business process
- Strong leadership, negotiating and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Experience in user interface design and development would be an asset
- Experience working with or fully competent in Python and or MS SQL would be an asset
- Ability to work in small teams and collaborate cross functionally across multiple areas of the corporation
- Understand and apply PMM (Project Management Methodology)
- Creative thinking and solution driven
- Previous experience in a leadership role within an airline (wireless, entertainment hardware & software, satellite, mobile) would be an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.