Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Senior Director – Product Design, Cabin Interiors, Air Canada is looking for an engaged, highly motivated and flexible individual to complement the Aircraft Cabin team. This role will be driving the selection process for new on-board cabin product offerings and for the subsequent development, delivery, and management of these products for Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, and Air Canada Express. The successful incumbent will be responsible to source current and new product offerings within the industry and be able to take these concepts and solutions to drive future Air Canada offerings. Focus will be placed on improving the customer experience to strengthen and ensure Air Canada’s leadership position in these domains.
- Ensure that the strategic direction of the portfolio is delivered through the product implementation and operations groups as it relates to product performance and customer experience.
- Lead the aircraft cabin product development for both Linefit and Retrofit programs.
- Accountable for the design of all related cabin interior components including but not limited to passenger seating, galleys, monuments, lavatories, etc.
- Responsible to lead aircraft configuration studies (LOPA) both internally and with OEMS (Airbus, Boeing, etc.) to support effective and impactful decision making.
- Lead product selection and recommendation activities
- Support and guide the negotiation process with Air Canada Strategic Purchasing on items relating to the assigned portfolio
- Responsible for the development and compliance of Aircraft Cabin Product Specifications
- Responsible to guide the development of cabin product strategies through research and benchmarking activities
- Cultivate solid and effective working relationships with key vendors (agencies/OEMs) to build and secure long-term partnerships
- Responsible for ergonomic research as required.
- Communicate and support internal and external product expectations
- Contribute knowledgeable and meaningful input towards the development of our cabin strategies
- Bachelor of Engineering or Industrial Design degree
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the Industry
- Experience in both new product development and operations an asset
- Experience with all aspects of industrial design
- Experience with design software such as Photoshop, AutoCad and Rhino
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Proven planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to foster communication
- Capacity to manage multiple work demands
- Solid oral and written communication
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate cross-functionally both internally and with external vendors
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.