Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Corporate Resource Manpower and Administration Manager, the Airports Resource Specialist is responsible to plan the examinations of all Airports Internal Promotional positions and support the Airports recruitment process. The Airports Resource Specialist will work with Labour Relations, Talent Acquisition, Resource Managers, Resource Deployment Managers and the Resource Team at multiple stations, in addition to Training Delivery and Planning and Cost to develop and execute overall plans.
- Develop and plan the internal vacancy promotional process for all Airports employees for multiple stations.
- Manage and communicate all internal vacancy tasks including exam registration, creation of attendance lists and maintenance of the internal vacancy tool and site. Communicate any changes and updates to employees and management representatives in a professional and timely manner.
- Participates in monthly Planning sessions to develop a training plan that meets the needs of the station.
- Maintain and prepare training, recruitment and internal vacancy reports.
- Provides reports to Station Management, Corporate Resource Planning and/or internal Audits as required
- Manage all RAIC appointments for New Hire employees with the local Airport Authority Pass Office and obtain Signing Authority from the local Airport Authority for RAICSVerify Security Documentation for all New Hires to ensure they meet Transport Canada requirements.
- Monitor and follow all corporate training and recruitment initiatives to ensure completion is on track.
- Participate in the development of new processes or procedures related to the recruitment and internal vacancy process
- Respond to all airports employee and management internal vacancy inquiries.
- Coordinate/organize various projects, meetings and conference calls.
- Additional projects and duties as requested.
- Proven customer orientation combined with a strong sense of operational urgency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) as well as a professional telephone manner for customer interfacing
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sense of initiative and self-discipline
- Good working knowledge of the UNIFOR and IAM Collective Agreements
- Proficiency with PC, e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work well in a team environment and without direct supervision
- Proficiency with training databases would be an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.