Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for managing the Vancouver (YVR) operations as a whole in the interest of In-Flight Service.
- Maintain good relationships and liaison with other departments and external agencies such as Air Canada Ground Handling, Air Canada Maintenance, Air Canada Catering, YVR Airport Authority.
- Represent the various functional interests for In-Flight Service at varied scheduled meetings and meetings which involve new products and services.
- Active participation and provisions of technical support on internal and external quality issues on assigned products.
- Responsible for working with the Cabin Crew Managers to ensure that they are supported from an operational perspective to support front line staff and ensure compliance to the Official Languages Act.
- Accountable to manage, track and trend delays and work with IFS STOC to minimize delays.
- Responsible for generating reports for the General Manager, IFS Operations and Managing Director IFS Operations Excellence.
- Provide leadership and direction the Cabin Crew Managers.
- Accountable for the development of new/modified business processes aimed at revenue maximization.
- Identify critical processes requiring enhancements, which require approval from appropriate stakeholders and work to gain approval for changes.
- Communicate business operational requirements, policies and directives, and general information to the team.
- Ensure process instructions are complete, maintained, updated and available for the operation.
- Ensure that operations are in accordance with government regulations, environmental and health and safety standards.
- Monitor incident tracking to ensure that incidents are followed up in a timely fashion
- Develop and maintain project plans for assigned projects.
- Manage the operational performance for the YVR base
- Represent the daily operational interests of the In-Flight Service team at the station meetings and maintain an ongoing relationship
- Monitor local commissary and catering provisioning issues and liaise with station commissary and catering manager for resolution
- Administer the distribution of the IFS Emergency Cellular phone and is the on call manager in rotation.
- Manage and coordinate all efforts for the YVR IFS base during irregular operations to ensure minimum disruptions to customers.
- Manage and communicate the monthly SOC Operational Targets to the base operations team and communicate performance and objectives to meet and exceed targets.
- Responsible for the YVR and YYC Operations Team work schedule to ensure required coverage for IFS Gate Support for the first flight out and the last flight in.
- Responsible to handle all safety reports involving IFS Cabin Crew and prepare the executive summaries specific to these events.
- Responsible to manage and activate the SOS checklist when crew are injured or in distress away from the base and to report the status to the Managing Director, IFS Operations Excellence.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned
- Significant experience leading a large unionized front line workforce, including Labour Relations familiarity (unions) in a customer-orientated and fast paced operational environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement on-time action plans that achieve objectives
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching a management team to success
- Focused on continuous improvement, must be a creative and innovative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
- University degree an asset
- Airline experience an asset
- Obtain and maintain flight attendant qualifications
- Willingness and ability to travel
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.