Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Do you enjoy developing cloud-based solutions to complex problems? Air Canada Enterprise Digital Enablement is building a fast-moving development team to develop engaging mobile enterprise applications. This is a great opportunity for a results-oriented software developer to analyze and build leading-edge solutions. The candidate should be self-driven, highly motivated, innovative and ready to deliver with our agile development teams.
This role requires independent thinking as well as working as part of a team, in developing cloud-based mobile applications. Will work in a DevOps agile environment with developers, scrum master and product managers to produce scalable, fast and robust solutions.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of requirements and user stories.
- Develop scalable, high performance, and robust cloud-based mobile solutions.
- Package and support deployment of DevOps agile releases.
- Develop, refine, and fine-tune applications.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and applications issues.
- Prepare reports and documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance.
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback, from other developers, scrum master and product managers.
- Support the testing and launching efforts of new cloud-based products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Must Have: 4+ years of software development experience using C#, .NET, and Azure DevOps.
- Mobile application development experience (UWP, Xamarin)
- Very comfortable developing in Git/Visual Studio Team Services
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery/Deployment experience
- Real-world experience with mission-critical enterprise REST APIs (either as consumer or producer)
- Strong understanding of cross platform development using PAAS cloud systems.
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL / MySQL).
- Excellent analytical capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in French and English.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented and deadline driven.
- Self-starter who works well with others but is capable of independent work.
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Cross platform development (Xamarin, Cordova, Phone Gap, React native)
- Azure / AWS / BlueMix
- React, Node.js, Angular
- Java, Python
- SharePoint Online development
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.