Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 220 airports on six continents. Canada's flag carrier is among the 20 largest airlines in the world and in 2018 served nearly 51 million customers. We plan on serving and delighting even more. Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax, which also named Air Canada the 2018 Best Airline in North America.
The Air Canada Foundation is a registered charitable organization, focused on the health and well-being of children and youth. It offers both financial and in-kind support to Canadian registered charities. The Foundation also offers continued support to major health-related causes that affect Canadians. Additionally, it is an active participant in international humanitarian relief activity as the need arises. For more information about the Air Canada Foundation and its impact, please visit www.aircanada.com/foundation or www.aircanada.com/citizensoftheworld2017.
We are seeking a financial analyst for Air Canada Foundation with at least five (5) years of relevant experience to join our dynamic team in Montreal. Reporting to the Director, Communications Optimization and regularly updating the Director of Financial Services, the Air Canada Foundation financial analyst is responsible for general accounting, and general operations. The person will be called upon to perform the following tasks (among others):
- Develop and manage effective and streamlined processes, systems and controls for managing: financials and accounting; legal; and other tasks deemed necessary for the smooth operations of the organization.
- Assist team members in all financial aspects of the control process (i.e. invoice validation, processing assistance, financial planning, budgeting, etc.)
- Provide financial support and guidance to team members in the development of fundraising and investments strategies and initiatives to meet the Air Canada Foundation goals.
- Actively participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual process. Keep track of monthly revenue and expenses, producing monthly and ad hoc reports in order to improve management of expenses and revenue.
- General accounting and banking matters, including revenue, investments and budget management, and invoice review (in conformity with vendor agreements).
- Seek new opportunities and make recommendations to the Treasurer of the Air Canada Foundation on the investments to be made on behalf of the Air Canada Foundation
- Responsible for the implementation of an accounting automated system.
- Prepare financial reports for presentation at Foundation’s Board meetings.
- Assist with the planning, recommendation and management of the budget for community investments as well as the Air Canada Foundation accounting.
- Manages governance and compliance with all relevant laws and regulations to keep the Foundation in good standing and maintain its legal status (such as Canada Revenue Agency matters, coordination for audits, etc.).
- Day to day administration with donors, strategic partners or for key fundraising events and campaigns.
- Assist the Air Canada Foundation team with invoicing and other financial matters with suppliers for the planning and management of programs and events.
- Accounting and/or finance certification or business administration degree
- Outstanding organizational, project management and planning skills with strong attention to detail
- Aptitude to prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities under strict deadlines
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Excel, with experience with financial software/applications and relational databases
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques and the accounting cycle
- Self-discipline and proactive thinking to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills; must be a team player
The successful candidate will need to have strong organizational skills and possess meaningful experience in finance and accounting. Experience in philanthropy, Information Technology, knowledge of the industry, and experience with a foundation are an asset.
Bilingualism and excellent written and oral communications skills are a strong asset. Integrity (including a strong work ethic, discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information, dedication to follow through on commitments, and openness and honesty in communicating as well as a respectful demeanour) is assumed.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.