Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Brand Copywriter is responsible for developing creative copy and ideas for marketing communication materials while adhering to brand guidelines, deadlines and client needs.
The incumbent is highly proficient at copywriting and creative development, proofreading and can manage multiple projects at a time from concept through to completion. They understand how to communicate the Air Canada brand in in digital, print, video, email, social media, advertising, experiential, merchandise, and more. They understand the importance of paying attention to detail and are extremely organized. While some projects may require the use of external resources, this role is expected to be hands-on.
- Create insightful original advertising copy that reinforces Air Canada’s brand voice and compliments the creative visual solutions, format types to include but not limited to print, digital, out of home and broadcast visible signage
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with the Creative Studio team and external agency partners/vendors to ensure that copy is on brief, on brand voice and considers business objectives and requirements
- Ensuring brand consistency across all content streams
- Work collaboratively with the team on concept development and creative solutions to ensure maximum impact
- Manage multiple projects at a time from concept through to completion
- Generate multiple concepts for a campaign or project
- Proofread all creative before deployment
- Collaborate cross-functionally with e-commerce, product, social media, brand teams and external agency partners to aquire research when needed to begin the creative process
- Ensure copy is factualy correct and meets brand standards by working directly with product owners, subject matter experts, legal and marketing groups
- Receive and implement feedback with a positive attitude
- Interpret, gain and communicate insights on competitor activity to inform messaging direction
- Provide quality control over projects to ensure brand voice consistency
- Manage freelance resources/vendors as required to complete projects on time, budget and strategy
- Contribute to the development of the studio through innovation and recommendations for improving efficiency
- Manage social media calendar and delivery of assets
- Participate and lead brainstorming sessions
- Monitor key themes and issues relevant to Air Canada, aviation and industry in order to create informed creative solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of experience brand-side or creative agency setting
- A graduate/postgraduate degree in the field and a strong copywriting and advertising portfolio
- Demonstrated and extraordinary communication and writing skills and meticulous eye for detail
- Ability to familiarize yourself with technical or industry topics in a timely manner
- Deftly manage and appreciate constructive criticism
- Expectional time-management skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Must be passionate about design, technology and communications
- Must be keenly interested in overall creative and digital ecosystem
- Able to present concepts and be a team player to achieve the correct copywriting solution
- Strong work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- Bilingualism (English and French)
- Agency experience
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.