Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of this critical position is to develop, implement and maintain business relationships with United States freight forwarders and provide commercial support to the Regional Sales Managers, Local Sales Managers and GSAs. The position will report to the Manager, Inside Sales USA and undertake the challenging opportunity to increase Air Canada’s market share and revenue while providing superior customer service.
The US Cargo Sales Center is currently staffed Monday-Friday 0730-2000 and Saturday 0830-1730. Inside Sales Manager are required to work a shift within open hours and may be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Act as main point of contact for Air Canada customer base throughout the US
- Develop and maintain business relationships with Air Canada customer base
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email daily
- Coordinate, manage, track and follow up on bookings, including Air Canada’s specialize solutions like AC Cool Chain
- Utilize CRM tool daily to manage and heighten the customer experience
- Proactively manage regional RFS, ensuring efficient and profitable operations
- Assist customer base with accounting discrepancies
- Maintain customer account performance through data analysis and review
- Support Regional and Local Sales Managers and GSAs through commercial, analytical and customer base knowledge
- Provide Sales Managers and GSAs assistance with management of spot rates, exception contracts, local pricing, RFQ and allocations and capacity day to day
- Implement national, regional and local strategies to achieve revenue and market share targets
- Assist with sales and marketing plans relating to regional development
- Work with Sales and Capacity Management Team to identify revenue opportunities on key lanes, regions and accounts
- Interact daily with internal and external groups throughout the Air Canada organization and network
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure alignment of department, division and corporate objectives
- Take part in the ongoing development of a strong and highly focused sales team
- Participate in social selling via channels such as LinkedIn
- Commercial sales and customer service experience
- Understanding of the cargo business a definite asset
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities
- Strong negotiation and analytical thinking skills
- Results oriented
- Exceptional planning and organization skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Must be receptive to flexible work hours, holiday/weekend coverage and travel expectations
- Proficiency with PC Window applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- Undergraduate degree an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.