Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Analyst, Data Engineering will collaborate closely with other members of the enterprise data & analytics team in building the next generation of data management and ETL software to enable advanced analytics and data science across the company and our stakeholders. You are ready to be flexible and nimble in your work, from constructing Data Ingestion & ETL pipelines, building microservices and participating in exploratory data analysis with our Analytics team.
- Design and develop processing pipelines that ingest data into a data lake
- Design and develop ETL pipelines using multiple sources of data in various formats between data lake and data warehouse.
- Conduct metadata management, data cleansing and conforming.
- Use sound agile development practices (code reviews, testing, etc) to develop and deliver data pipelines
- Provide day-to-day support and technical expertise to both technical and non-technical teams
- Work with other engineers to brainstorm solutions to problems and support others in their goals.
- Exhibit sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Use strong analytical skills and support use of data for sound decision making.
- Help build data engineering expertise and framework
- Translate business needs into technical requirements
- Build monitoring and debugging tools to analyze the data pipelines
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics.
- Hands-on experience with Big Data technologies (e.g Hadoop, Hive, HBase, Spark, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, Columnar Databases or Graph Databases)
- Hands-on experience with ETL technologies (e.g SSIS, Informatica or Datastage)
- Track record working with data from multiple sources – willingness to dig-in and understand the data and to leverage creative thinking to deliver results
- Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Data warehousing experience
- Experience with cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure, AWS or Google Cloud
- Knowledge of the tooling for deployment, monitoring and site reliability
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an Agile team environment
- API development experience a plus
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.