Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team as a Financial Services Analyst supporting the Information Technology branch. Reporting to the Financial Services Manager, the Financial Services Analyst will be responsible for the following activities:
- Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
- Actively participate in the month end closing process
- Establish a positive relationship with management of client Business Units to become "part of the team", effectively balancing financial control, advisory and support roles
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process (i.e. Invoice validation and processing assistance/Plan/Budget/Implement/Measure and Evaluate/Adjust)
- Provide financial support and guidance to business unit managers in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet or exceed the Unit's financial goals, (i.e: revenue enhancement, cost reduction initiatives).
- Keep track of monthly operating expenses, producing monthly and ad hoc expense reports in order to improve expense and budget management
- Participate and provide support to the analysis of the financial performance of the business unit
- Perform cost and value comparisons using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output
- Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA designation completed/underway is a preferred asset
- Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Solid analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques and the accounting cycle
- Experience/knowledge of airline operations and/or Information Technology is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and ability to learn financial software/applications
- Results driven with good organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.