Air Canada is looking to hire Duty Managers in both our locations, Montreal and Toronto
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
We are looking for a highly motivated Duty Manager for our Logistics and Supply teams in Montreal and Toronto. The position will be responsible for warehouse operations (shift work).
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
- Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Lead employees to meet Logistics expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action.
- Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication.
- Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email and regular interpersonal communication.
- Support and lead continuous process improvements.
- Represent Logistics, being the prime management contact for our customers.
- Ensure Air Canada's corporate guidelines and policies are adhered to.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal relationship building, employee coaching and development skills.
- Previous management experience in a team oriented workplace within a unionized workforce.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a department and department staff members.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Post-secondary education related degrees and/or courses.
- Ability to juggle tasks simultaneously and make decisions
- Customer focused; ensure that the entire workforce is aware of and knows our customers and their requirements.
- Knowledge of Warehouse, Supply, Purchasing processes and procedures.
- TRAX knowledge is an asset
- General knowledge of cargo, Dangerous and Hazardous goods handling, processing and transportation is an asset.
- Knowledge of I.A.M. or other collective agreement is an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.