Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Business Unit Manager Procurement is responsible for a variety of critical functions in support of the ACM Supply Chain organization including managing a team of Buyer Analysts, budgeting, spend authorization, resource management, vendor management, cost reduction and process improvement.
- Manage procurement and transfer of aircraft and non-aircraft expendable materials in line with recommendations of the inventory planning system.
- Manage and monitor all station allotments in line with recommendations of the inventory planning system.
- Lead initial provisioning projects for expendables and tooling to ensure material availability for Line and Airframe spares.
- Ensure adherence to corporate procurement guidelines, signing authorities and spend approval processes.
- Lead and coordinate 52-109 compliance activities related to their respective business unit.
- Prepare funding requests (AFC) and proper business justifications in regards of timeline, scope of work, equipment, material procurement and maintenance contracts.
- Plan and manage inventory requirements, inventory strategy, spares levels and inventory procurement.
- Effectively manage and control expendable and tooling inventory.
- Review, update and implement processes and provide leadership and coaching on new business processes and transformation activities.
- Define and lead process improvements and document processes, including process maps.
- Manage the tooling repair order (RO) process for the system
- Manage the AOG tooling procurement process
- Responsible for all ad-hoc procurement for tooling for the system.
- Responsible to lead and co-ordinate the CAPEX for Line Maintenance vehicles for the system annually.
- Oversee all purchase requests from CI, Excellence 5.0, Training, Health and Safety, Stores, LM and other business groups within ACM and ensure adherence to corporate procurement guidelines, signing authorities and spend approval processes.
- Responsible for the resolution of all invoicing and receiving discrepancies generated by the team.
- Prime liaison for all daily activities with vendors of expendables and tooling for ACM.
- Evaluation and setup of new expendable and tooling vendors for ACM.
- Provide suppliers reports and feedback regarding their performance.
- Lead cost reduction activities within the team and monitor and communicate team savings.
- Ensure that suppliers adhere to SLA’s and meet performance expectations.
- Provide routine weekly and monthly performance reporting, as well as ad hoc reports required to support the business.
- Attend daily production/operations conference calls and provide status of expendable and tooling availability/recovery plans as required.
- Attend all MAREP airworthiness directive meetings, provide lead time, pricing and material availability information, and liaise with Airframe and Line planning to communicate any Expendable/Consumable material issues.
- Provide operational support in their field of expertise.
- Effectively manage/develop and align resources to achieve ACM objectives.
- Responsible for setting team’s performance expectations as well as managing the team’s workscope, timekeeping, vacation, sickness and discipline records.
- Monitor team compliance and completion of all Greenlight training requirements.
- Strong communicator with the demonstrated ability to lead motivate and develop personnel to achieve operational objectives within a multi disciplinary organization.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, including negotiation.
- Demonstrated experience in cost & benefit tracking, and strong analytical skills.
- Project management expertise an asset.
- 5 to 15 year’s relevant experience as a manager or equivalent within procurement function.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software (Excel, Word, MS Project), TRAX and Servigistics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other relevant discipline an asset.
- Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.