Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible for managing Air Canada, ACRouge and affiliates inventory within the 72-hour operational window to focus on short term close in revenue opportunities and address operational issues.
- Act as the key contact in RM for the operational branches (SOC, CJM, Airports and Reservations).
- Responsible for providing commercial’s input into operational decisions, including up gauges/down gauges, cancellations, extra sections and passenger protection.
- Oversee the Crew inventory overbooking process
- Owner of the over sale "Hot sheet" process with Customer Journey Management and airports.
- Provide SOC with input on operational capacity changes to help balance revenue optimization with operational requirements.
- Monitor inventory on high demand flights within the 72-hour window and fine tune inventory to capture additional revenue opportunities including allocation adjustments, cabin sizing, over sale adjustments and waitlist clearance.
- Review automated daily hot sheet reports, make necessary inventory adjustments and provide suggested mitigation plans including re-protection, denied boarding compensation and authorization for call center /airport pre-moves.
- Participate in daily operational calls and provide report on previous days operation in terms of denied boarding and spoiled seats and highlight potential problem areas for next 72 hours.
- Determine, implement and communicate goodwill policies for operational events such as labour disruptions, exceptional weather events, natural disasters as well as local security issues.
- Evaluate performance of the courtesy upgrade and upgrade waitlist automated tools and make necessary changes to rules based on results and input from the airport’s teams.
- Manage the upgrade request process. Evaluate and forward requests for upgrades from the designated executive authorizers.
- Review AC no-show reports and take any necessary action to improve flight firming effectiveness and reduce overall no-show.
- Perform non-compliance audits on airport involuntary upgrades and follow-up with designated airport and in-flight representatives
- Perform daily audits for non-compliant RC duty code usage as well as V Edit usage.
- Act as key point of contact for airports to troubleshoot over sale and re-protection issues. Make necessary adjustments to allocations, post audit results and provide feedback to airport.
- Provide feedback to Revenue Management team on over sale, no show and denied boarding trends based on flight performance and input from airports.
- Action manual Availability Status recap messaging during AC/Other Airline IRROPS
- Experience in Revenue Management is an asset
- Operational background is an asset – Airport/SOC preferred
- Customer service driven
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities that are driven by operational /corporate requirements
- Ability to make responsible financial decisions, meet deadlines and work under extreme pressure and a sense of urgency.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to a continually changing environment
- Proven leadership and people skills; ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multi-task on a consistent basis
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- The Position will be required to do shift work which include night, weekends, and holidays
- Some Travel to Montréal Headquarters may be required.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.