Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Establish claims and enter all relevant data on the system within 24 hours of receipt
- Review and validate coverage for benefits for claims arising from injury, accident or death of employees
- Liaise with the appropriate Workers Compensation Board, Workplace Safety Insurance Board, Commission de la santé et de la sécurité du travail du Québec, Commission des lésions professionnelles or insurance company
- Assist with completion of forms and explain the claim submission process to employees who become disabled as a result of illness or injury
- Monitor the progress of claims and communicate with employees, departments, insurer or workplace safety board/commission regarding any updates or changes
- Initiate appeals where required, and collect damages from third parties
- Maintain paper files and computerized database of all employees including status, contacts, medical appointments and modified duties
- Mature self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Intermediate personal computer skills, including keyboarding, navigation, data entry and experience with Microsoft Office
- Non judgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries
- Strong customer service experience and respect for confidentiality
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, particularly with numbers, spelling and grammar
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and its operations
- Previous experience working in disability insurance or workplace safety
- Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.