Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will reside within Disability Management and is responsible for disability claims, while supporting the Disability Management Case Managers and branches.
The incumbent will be responsible to apply sound judgment and accuracy in the set-up of the claims and in the communication of information to all related stakeholders. This position requires a high level of accuracy due to possible consequence of error and fines/penalties to the company and/or its employees.
- Extract and analyse absence reports (Trutrack daily alerts, Reportlink book on/off and Netline sick reports) to assess employee’s absence history and timelines in order to determine disability eligibility
- Manage employee eligibility and enrollment for all GDIP, FAWI and Workplace Injury claims
- Manage all eligible case files from onset to resolution, including establishment, monitoring and notifications/communications to all stakeholders including external benefit providers
- Overall responsibility for ensuring disability information packages are accurately tailored to the employee’s specific situation and are delivered to the employee within the parameters established by Disability Management
- Monitor reports and investigate and action discrepancies
- Branch SME and super user for the Disability Management system
- Is the escalation point for HR Connex on complex disability management issues/questions
- Liaise with branches and insurers as required
- Develop, prepare and distribute statistical reports as required
- Analyze, design, format and produce creative high-quality documents & reports
- Support, recommend and assist in implementing improved methods and procedures
- Document and maintain all job-related business processes
- Provide on-the-job system training, direction, guidance and assistance to other employees in the department
- Support and liaise with internal and external customers
- First level troubleshooter of hardware/software
- Monitor printers for quality control, coordinate maintenance and up-keep of equipment problems
- Any other functions as delegated by the Manager, Corporate Attendance
- Minimum of high school diploma with relevant experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Intermediate computer skills, including keyboarding, navigation, data entry and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Recognized ability to work under pressure, time restraints and yet maintain flexibility
- Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems an asset
- Knowledge of aviation industry an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.