Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will be responsible for enhancing and evolving Air Canada employee engagement in Yammer, our internal collaborative social space where employees can brainstorm, ask questions, post suggestions and work together. In addition, the incumbent will act as a moderator to support productive conversations and will direct conversations to appropriate resources where required. Behind the scenes, the incumbent will collect and analyze data and then use the results to formulate new strategies for building and driving employee engagement with the platform.
The incumbent will also be responsible for formulating, communicating, monitoring and socializing new social media guidelines for employee behaviour in both internal and external social spaces. Based on the new guidelines the incumbent will then be responsible for creating strategies to mobilize employees to safely share curated content in their own external social media channels to further enhance Air Canada’s public brand. In addition, the incumbent will curate brand positive material and work proactively with our media relations team to identify, adapt and promote positive internal stories in external channels to support the Air Canada brand.
As a member of the Employee Communications team, the incumbent will also contribute to all our internal communications channels including but not limited to the Daily, Horizons, AC Life.
The incumbent is a creative thinker, comfortable in identifying as a “personality” to 30,000 employees and confident in speaking at large town halls or events. He/she is capable of handling multitude projects/tasks of varying complexities, at the same time. He/she should have some experience with shooting videos on smartphones as well as basic video editing as they may be required to make short videos for our Yammer platform. He/she also has experience with measuring and applying data to drive improvement.
The incumbent understands how to communicate in social environments, the importance of detail, and is extremely organized.
The incumbent is experienced in counselling senior leaders and executives to engage with employees through digital platforms; assists in developing their online brands and understands how to create communities within a global organization.
This position reports to the Senior Employee Communications Manager – Corporate.
Internal Social Media
External Social Media
- Develop and implement communication strategies, plans and processes for all branches with special emphasis on communication via our internal social media channel.
- Develop future online tools to support and foster two-way dialogue between the airline and its employees.
- Progressively build and engage Air Canada’s employees in our own social media platform.
- Measure Yammer effectiveness, sentiment and reach using Tyrane data analytics tool.
- Apply data analysis to identify “employee influencers” in internal social media channels and create strategies to develop and leverage them as ambassadors – internally and externally.
- Analyze data to determine branch trends, issues, strengths and weaknesses, share with related branches and make recommendations to address.
- Create relevant content by channel and by audience segment. Conceptualize, develop and publish daily content that is on-strategy, on-brand, and demonstrates appropriate tone.
- Organize and participate in events to build the Yammer community and encourage employee awareness of Yammer including creating and developing social media and internal communication campaigns and contests.
- Benchmark trends in social media in relation to communications to identify and recommend new innovations and strategies.
- Use social media as the first line of defense to mitigate issues of concern to employees.
- Develop and implement strategies to manage internal social media forums in the event of an airline emergency.
- Coach senior and executive management in formulating “social media-appropriate” posting.
- Make presentations to various branches to familiarize and promote Yammer as a key communications tool.
- Develop, communicate and implement a new social media policy designed to allow employees to share positive Air Canada information in their own public social media channels while still providing protections to ensure that employee behaviour causes no harm to Air Canada’s brand.
- Develop strategies and online tools to make internal brand-positive material available and easily and safely shareable through public social media channels
- Curate and share material for employee use in public social media channels, leveraging the strength of 30,000 employees as active brand ambassadors.
- Identify opportunities to leverage internal social media content for our external social media in collaboration with Media Relations and our external social media team.
- Make recommendations regarding other social communities, trends and technologies in the marketplace that are relevant to our brand's social presence.
- Demonstrate best practices to communicators and other managers designated by their branches to manage conversations and issues in internal social media forums.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all branches of the airline to ensure aligned communication.
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish priorities, secure approvals on key messaging.
- Review and contribute content to other internal publications.
- Ensure that communication is provided in both of Canada’s official languages.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar position
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing, Journalism, or Creative Writing from a recognized institution
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Must be passionate about social media, communications and developing technologies
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under tight deadlines
- Team player
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.