Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and ambitious individual to learn and progress in their career with Air Canada. The Financial Services Manager represents Finance and works with the team which supports the finances of Air Canada Maintenance branch.
Air Canada Maintenance is the largest branch within Air Canada Operations and represents one of the key financial drivers for the airline as a whole.
- Significantly enhance the financial and operational performance of the Component Maintenance group business unit by providing the team with the necessary reports/tools to make informed financial decisions on a timely basis.
- Provide financial planning, guidance and support to client, and broader Maintenance branch leadership team in support of their responsibilities relating to the Component Maintenance process and the interpretation and application of financial and accounting policies, procedures and systems.
- Ensure that effective financial and accounting managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with corporate/branch financial and accounting policies and requirements.
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process. Perform financial processes such as month-end accruals/explanations, outlooks, budgets etc.
- Monitor, validate and process incoming charges and revenues as required relating to the Component Maintenance business unit.
- Develop, the financial plans/budgets for the Component Maintenance group. Monitor and analyze financial performance against plans and ensure corrective actions are undertaken as required; perform post-evaluations of projects/programs as appropriate to assess actual versus target results.
- Establish strong and effective working relationships with client group and function as an integral member of the management team, as well as effectively communicating with external contacts.
- Participate in financial audits as required.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required. An Accounting designation (CPA or CMA) is an asset;
- 2-3 years’ experience in Finance or Accounting field;
- Experience/knowledge of company/airline operations is an asset;
- Experience in financial processes and financial forecasting techniques;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office. In particular, Excel, Access and PowerPoint;
- Leader and results driven with demonstrated strong financial, technical skills and creativity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work within a team;
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written;
- Demonstrated record of initiative and work ethic. Must be able to work independently as well as be adaptable and reliable;
- Good organization skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Needs to demonstrate interest in airline business and operations as well as a desire to learn and an interest in personal development.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.