Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic leader for this highly strategic role that is accountable for leading the creation and execution of Air Canada IT strategy, developing and directing implementation roadmaps and driving planning and reporting processes to ensure alignment of IT performance with Air Canada’s corporate strategy, priorities and business objectives.
This position is instrumental to aligning the IT organization, roles and processes to be effective in delivering optimal performance and business value from IT resources, partners and investments. This position is accountable for periodic assessments of IT branch capabilities, maturity and benchmarking IT branch costs and performance to industry benchmarks and driving cross functional plans meet maturity and benchmark targets.
This position reports to the Senior Director, IT Shared Services and requires a high degree of cross-functional collaboration senior management and partners in the People, Culture and Communication and Finance Branches to establish and execute on IT strategy and drive continuous performance improvement.
- Lead the creation, implementation and regular reviews of IT strategy driving adjustments to ensure delivery and alignment to IT and corporate strategic goals and objectives
- Lead regular review of IT Service Strategy driving adjustments to IT Service Delivery Model and IT Organization to ensure maximum value and efficiency for organization
IT Processes and Governance
- Direct review and recommend improvements to cross functional IT Processes while ensuring alignment with IT Industry Best Practices (e.g. ITIL)
- Direct implementation, adherence and continuous improvements to IT Governance Model ensuring alignment with IT Industry Best Practices (e.g. COBIT)
IT Performance and Reporting
- Establish and implement IT branch strategy for performance monitoring and reporting including leading the process to establish and update annual branch objective and KPIs ensuring alignment with corporate strategy, priorities and business objectives
- Set strategy and leading regular reporting of IT performance to stakeholders including the IT leadership, Air Canada executives and Air Canada Board of Directors
- Direct and oversee production and maintenance of IT branch balanced scorecards
- Establishing performance improvement targets and objectives with resulting strategy and plans to meet improvement targets
- Drive improvement in areas of underperformance working with the responsible senior leadership to develop and action remediation plans
- Lead continuous performance improvement activities including the benchmarking of IT performance to other companies/industries and the regular assessments of IT maturity and capabilities
Finance and Budgeting
- Lead annual IT budget process across the IT branch in collaboration with Finance branch
- Direct regular reviews of IT budget outlook collaborating with IT senior management team to establish regular operating budget outlooks
- Establish and direct IT budget monitoring and reporting of budget performance identifying remediation actions in collaboration with senior management team in areas requiring adjustment
- Overseeing all funding requests through internal approval processes ensuring funds are planned in IT budgets
IT Resource Management
- Establish and direct execution of IT Resource Plan (hiring/training/onboarding) ensuring sufficient permanent, contract and third-party staffing to meet IT branch objectives and ongoing project requirements
- Collaborate with People, Culture and Communication branch to execute on hiring plans
Internal and External Communication
- Collaborate with the People, Culture and Communication branch to establish strategy and provide support and direction for execution of employee and internal communications
- Collaborate with the People, Culture and Communication branch and with Air Canada’s Brand/Marketing Departments to support external communication and speaking engagements for the CIO
- Be a trusted strategic advisor to the IT Senior Management team
- Establish high performance team to deliver strategy, planning and performance function for Air Canada IT branch
- Desired Qualifications:
- A relevant University degree; MBA preferred
- 10-15 years’ experience in IT at large company and/or consulting firm with a focus on strategy, program delivery and/or IT consulting
- Strong understanding of ITIL V3 and COBIT
- Certification in PMP or PgMP
- Required Experience & Competencies:
- Demonstrated analytical skills to gather information from disparate sources to identify trends/gaps and build solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive the strategic direction of the IT Branch as well as sufficient technical depth, expertise and experience across different functional areas of IT
- Business case development
- Knowledge of product management life concepts and how technology enables product development and solution delivery
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain business relationships outside of functional area
- Demonstrated experience in IT management, business analysis, consulting, process engineering or solutions management or other related area
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on projects and programs that are non-technical
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills and experience/in-depth knowledge of the business, business requirements analysis and IT processes
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.