Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Claims department is division of the Legal Department. Reporting to the Counsel, Litigations, the candidate will responsible to handle claims as well as participate in the processing of claims, both in defense or subrogation, involving hull and property, as well as third party/passengers’ bodily injury and cargo claims.
- Function as the primary point of contact for claimants worldwide initiated against or by the Company
- Investigate, evaluate and validate claims, while liaising with various stakeholders both internally and externally (i.e.: Fact finding, document research and interview claimants, Air Canada employees or agents involved and any other witnesses)
- Analyze, evaluate and determine liability and/or recovery potential (i.e.: assess damages and establish loss reserves or recovery objective)
- Responsible for the negotiation and claim resolution with responsible party within the settlement authority
- Escalate all potential large loss and exposure through management chain in order to mitigate potential liability to ensure prompt resolution
- Ensure proper diary management on all claims
- Responsible to prepare and provide reports summarizing claims and recommendation to key parties
- Participate and/or represent the Company in mediation sessions
- Prepare and finalize settlement documents
- Keep track of claims statistics on a monthly basis
- Work with the company counsel in preparation of case for trial
- Represent the Company in Small Claims Courts, if necessary
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and autonomously
- Strong judgment, sense of ethics and initiative
- Ability to make prompt, well founded decisions based upon detailed analysis of complex issues
- Ability to communicate calmly, politely, and efficiently
- Mature self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Adaptability, flexibility and strong decision-making skills;
- Ability to manage relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other computer software programs in an efficient manner.
- Insurance or litigation background preferred
- Collegial Degree of related field (i.e.: paralegal, risk assessment, logistics & transportation
- Knowledge of claims management software
- Knowledge of the aviation industry and its operations
- A third language, written and spoken, preferred
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.