Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is creating an all-new, digital-first loyalty program that will transform the way it engages with its customers, promising to create more rewarding relationships. This investment is another key step towards our strategy of growing the company into a global champion. As part of this effort, we’re building a team, with the spirit of a start-up, within the broader Air Canada family. Our mandate is to re-envision the airline’s loyalty and digital products, with the goal of creating an easy-to-use and more personalized experience. We’re looking for great people who will thrive in an entrepreneurial, highly-collaborative, innovative and fast-paced environment dedicated to bringing this vision to life.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Services – Loyalty & eCommerce, the incumbent will be responsible to support the financial services to the Loyalty branch related specifically to Air Partnerships, Loyalty Products, and Aeroplan Currency Management. This includes support with financial management, financial planning, financial reporting, transfer pricing, cost of air rewards, air accrual and other financial services. This incumbent will be working closely with the Loyalty team, corporate planning and Winnipeg accounting to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Building effective relationships in order to provide financial guidance and support to the Loyalty Air partnership and Loyalty Management teams
- Ensure effective financial management, processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
- Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process. Perform financial processes such as month-end accruals/explanations, invoice validation, po tracking, outlooks, budgets etc.
- Understand air partnership agreements (including accrual and redemption activities) and how it relates to the overall airline strategy and revenue reporting. Analyze trends and activities by partner over time and provide recommendations and reporting back in a user-friendly output
- Closely monitor and communicate trends of cost of air rewards while working closely with revenue management and loyalty management teams
- Perform in-depth analysis, reporting & benchmarking on air partnership activities
- Be a reliable point of contact with sound knowledge of expenses and finance processes to help guide the loyalty team in the new Loyalty Program Design and assigned Projects
- Support the loyalty management team with ongoing business cases, invoices and financial support required
- Develop and maintain meaningful reports with advisory and analysis in an effort to aid the branch make strategic business decisions to meet/exceed financial goals. (ie. Altitude Costing Analysis, Air Accrual/Redemption analysis, balance of trade etc.)
- Assist in developing cost and value comparisons to continuously improve financial performance. Financial performance analysis should include a development of KPIs that can be monitored over time to better understand the cause and effect relationship between digital expenses and how it ties to overall airline strategy. Including cost of acquisition and channel share.
- Provide support with Authority for Commitments (AFC) reviews. Work with Manager and loyalty management teams to develop, review and test business case submissions, challenging client on requested funds and recommend possible alternatives.
- Validate that every expense is associated to an approved AFC and is linked to an approved contract and maintain the Purchase Order tracking system
- Provide support on ad-hoc financial queries and tasks
- Ensure a consistently high-level of quality in service provided in terms of timeliness and accuracy – including automated checks and balances
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Business, Finance or Accounting is required
- Accounting and/or business designation (CPA, MBA, CFA) is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with others
- Self-started, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to analyze and report back on complex data
- Ability to learn financial systems quickly
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated organization skills and ability to work under pressure and reach to changing timelines
- Experience working with financial software/applications such as Microsoft Suite/Peoplesoft/SAP/Tableau
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.