Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 200 airports on six continents and the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking from independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. In 2018, Air Canada has been voted for the seventh time in nine years, the Best Airline in North America. We are among the 20 largest airlines in the world and served nearly 51 million customers last year. We plan on serving and delighting even more. We are undergoing significant growth and transforming to become a global aviation champion.
We have an innovative legal team that continues to earn the respect and confidence of our internal colleagues, participating as true business partners to support Air Canada’s strategic objectives. When you join Air Canada and its Legal Department, you’ll become a vital part of a team of driven professionals that are truly making a difference, connecting Canada and the world.
We are seeking a paralegal specialist who will support the Customer Regulatory and Resolution group within the Legal Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for various tasks related to claims management and resolution, including:
• Investigate and gather facts necessary to assess the claim and prepare a response;
• Engage in mediation to settle claims, resolve disputes and regain customer confidence;
• Draft proceedings and responses to claims letters and proceedings;
• Gather evidence and organize proceedings and evidence in preparation for court;
• Research caselaw as needed, including to assist internal or external counsel;
• Represent directly the company at mediation sessions/settlement conference and plead the case before small claims courts;
• Update in-house counsel on existing litigation and trends;
• Liaise with Customer Care and Baggage Claims teams to convey preliminary legal advice;
• Review and monitor filing deadlines;
• Coordinate with Litigation group as files move through court process to ensure timely handling and preparation of relevant of proceedings.
Candidates with relevant experience in these areas is preferred; however, this position is also open to strong candidates who may not have experience in all these areas but are willing to learn and be trained.
To succeed in the position, the candidate should have a track record demonstrating the following qualities or characteristics:
A successful candidate will be one who takes pride in his or her role as a representative of the Best Airline in North America.
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.