Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Cabin Standards, this position will manage the cabin standard (PUB 243 & 342) for an ACM perspective, will be responsible to achieve and maintain this standard through a variable Cabin Maintenance program (pub 343). This position will also manage the PUB 343 and be responsible for the update including the understanding of the performance versus the result (Audit/Aircraft Condition result).
- Responsible to maintain cabin condition standards and functionality through the variable Cabin Maintenance Program on the Air Canada fleet.
- Design, build and manage a Cabin Maintenance Program to address condition and functionality that stands alone from 864 manual tasks. Currently in the 343 manual.
- Evaluates and initiates adjustments to the Cabin Maintenance program as required.
- Create and maintain the Cabin Maintenance Program for new fleet introduction and aircraft modification.
- Analyses Airports Quality Assurance scorecard results and adjusts the Cabin Maintenance program based on this analysis to ensure the corporate Cabin Standard is met.
- Coordinates the communication of Cabin Maintenance program changes with Line Maintenance and Airframe Vendor Management.
- Establishes Cabin Maintenance modification priorities with Central Planning.
- Support the relationship with vendor like but not limited to Airbase, Aerotechnic.
- Manage the Soft material program for VOI and non VOI parts including dry cleaning program.
- Manage the cabin recovery program of warrantable and repairable parts.
- Coordinates Cabin Maintenance Program Task card changes with the system configuration group.
- Consistently reviews the Cabin Maintenance program and introduce innovations to minimize time, labour, materials and parts cost through new innovations.
- Evaluate Cabin performance against the Cabin Standard and provide recommendation to the Cabin Standard Manager on area that might require improvement for cost saving.
- Maintain a database for all cabin products and vendors
- Write Draft technical instructions.
- Perform cost estimate on potential project.
- Perform audit on product type trial and performance.
- Search, review and analyze potential new cabin products/material for potential saving,
- Work closely with Marketing.
- Analyze the cabin maintenance program and identify areas that might require improvement.
- In reference of CTP214 Cabin Development. The specialist will also be responsible to achieve a portion of the yearly target that will now be split between the cabin standard team.
- Work on identifying, evaluating and testing cabin materials or projects that could generate cost saving opportunities for ACM.
- Identify opportunities to reduce labor time, improve product performance and/or reduce weight in the cabin.
- Support Cabin Standard team to achieve CTP 0214 yearly saving of a minimum of 1M
- Cabin interior product knowledge.
- Analytical skills and ability to coordinate details for a successful implementation.
- Ability to develop/write clear, concise technical descriptions, instructions, work programs, reports and correspondence including updating technical data systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
- Strong sense of initiative in taking appropriate action and sound judgment.
- Ability to deal effectively with internal/external customers.
- Ability to travel outside the country.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High energy level, self-starter and works well without direct supervision.
- Technical post secondary education and / or external / internal management development, an asset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft program (Access, Excel, Word, Project).
- Knowledge of AutoCAD program.
- Knowledge of AC program, ARTOS, CIMS, LPMS/TRAX, an asset.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.