Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Crew Network Manager is responsible for providing ongoing guidance and feedback to the Crew Schedulers to ensure daily on time performance and a cost effective operation.
- Ensure efficiencies in Pilot and Flight Attendants’ scheduling.
- Ensure crew schedulers operate in accordance with all Canadian Aviation Regulations and is in compliance with labour agreements.
- Provide input to the Manager Crew Scheduling on all irregular operations with respect to crew impact and availability while supporting on-time performance, customer service and cost management.
- Manage appropriate action to minimize cabin personnel and Pilot staffing costs by analyzing operational requirements vis-a-vis system Reserve resources
- Track and manage daily On time performance
- Solicit and develop suggestions from crew scheduling personnel, line management, and crewmembers to improve the crew scheduling function
- Monitor the pilot and flight attendant network (flight schedules) to assess potential disruptions caused by crew issues or that may affect crew schedules to proactively develop plans of action.
- Alert the System Operations Control (SOC) planning unit of potential crew-related disruptions and provide possible solutions.
- Analyze and recommend possible re-crewing solutions during operational disruptions to provide decision making support to the SOC Manager.
- Collaborate with pilot and flight attendant schedulers to assign or re-assign crewmembers to resolve schedule disruptions.
- Consider crew legalities and contractual requirements in the decision-making process. Direct crew schedulers to make computer adjustments and to confirm legalities and requirements.
- During severe irregular operations, develop comprehensive crew solutions to major disruptions.
- Work collaboratively with the SOC planning unit to consider options and alternatives to support customer service. E.g. extra-sections, equipment substitutions.
- Minimum of one-year crew scheduling experience
- A demonstrated ability to make effective decisions in an environment of high pressure and stress.
- Very strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to provide direction and leadership to staff members in a fast changing, professional environment.
- Working Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations related to crew scheduling.
- Ability to deal effectively and constructively with conflict situations
- Working knowledge of Crew Scheduling systems is an asset (Netline, Communicator, RES III)
- Previous experience with staff management a definite asset
- Available to work flexible varied shifts when required
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.