Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The primary objective of the Sales Account Manager – Corporate is to manage and grow Air Canada’s corporate business, from a revenue and market share perspective in Australia by generating, developing and maintaining existing relationships with an assigned account base, while sourcing and developing new corporate contracts in the assigned region and/or with assigned account base.
Raise Air Canada’s profile by planning and organizing sales activities around regular contact with TMC’s, Corporate Travel Agency Managers, Direct corporate customers and travel managers.
Working within a budget while negotiating mutually beneficial preferred airline agreements, agency incentive agreements and corporate contract with assigned TMC and corporate customer.
- Develop and implement corporate sales strategies and corporate sales plans to achieve revenue and market share targets from designated accounts, TMCs and corporate customers within the Australian market place.
- To assume ownership for development and management of the business relationship between Air Canada and designated managed and unmanaged corporate accounts located in POS Australia.
- Negotiate and implement corporate contract agreements with a focus on ensuring high yield is maintained while opportunities for growth and a focus on quality revenue are achieved.
- Continually source corporate leads and assess opportunities with the direct / in-direct corporate sales channel.
- Prepare sales call schedule on a weekly basis, ensuring accounts of responsibility are serviced and maintained. Ensure Air Canada promotional and tactical sales material is distributed to customer base through sales calls and/or email exchange.
- Regularly monitor account (direct and indirect) revenue performance and develop sales strategies to ensure expected growth is achieved.
- Leverage Air Canada global contracts to establish local relationships with local company wholly owned or joint venture subsidies.
- Conduct regular one-on-one business reviews with corporate accounts within portfolio, identifying areas of opportunity for growth and market share shift.
- Assist in the implementation of a direct corporate booking channel and devise a strategy to capture direct corporate business on the new product tool.
- Schedule regular training, product updates and presentations with Air Canada’s preferred TMC partners.
- Prepare bi-monthly reports; detailing activities, achievements, market feedback, and plan for following month.
- Seek additional opportunities within the business community through contacts from partner airlines, corporate travel management companies and local business associations.
- Attend sales team meetings and industry related conferences as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
NOTE: ACTUAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE ANY OR ALL OF THE FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES LISTED ABOVE PLUS ANY OTHER RELATED TASKS AS ASSIGNED
BY THE EMPLOYEE’S SUPERIOR.
- Bachelor degree in Business or related an asset.
- Minimum five years of experience in Airline Sales or Travel industry sales experience is essential.
- Demonstrated sales planning and account management experience.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting deadlines, and with limited supervision.
- Good judgment, discretion, and decision-making ability.
- Advanced Computer Skills including working knowledge of; Power Point, Word, Excel.
- A degree of flexibility is required to work extra hours including some weekends and to travel both interstate and overseas, occasionally at short notice.
- Ability to work under pressure in a very competitive environment.
- May be required to supply his or her own vehicle for business travel and may claim related expenses in accord with company policy.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.