Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to: Lead Warehouse Attendant
Location: Air Canada Cargo, Building 553, Shoreham Road East, London Heathrow Airport
Hours of work: The Cargo facility is open 24 hours, 365 days per year; therefore shift work is applicable
This role deals directly with the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees by providing Cargo warehouse services in a manner prescribed by the Company. Air Canada encourages internal progression, therefore opportunities may arise for the position to act as a Lead Warehouse Attendant if required
Duties & Responsibilities
- Accept / deliver Cargo & Mail whilst verifying piece count. Ensure that associated paperwork is correct and the shipment is correctly marked and labelled.
- Build-up and breakdown pallets, Containers and Bulk Carts
- Load and unload trucks
- Store Cargo & Mail in appropriate warehouse locations, reporting as required
- Received and answer enquiries from the public, other airlines, agencies and Company employees
- Physically handle Cargo & Mail manually or by machine, e.g. forklift
- Drive Company vehicles when required
- Deliver transhipments to other airlines when required
- Accept and process Hazardous / Restricted material shipments in accordance with Company and Government Agency regulations
- Perform weekly Bond & Rack checks to assist with the location of any missing Cargo / Mail
- Ensure that damaged Cargo / Mail is reported correctly as per Company procedures
- Liaise directly with Leads, Coordinators and Managers regarding daily operational concerns
- Maintain BAA Airside ID pass as required
- Ensure compliance with ACU online training
- Previous Cargo Warehouse experience an advantage
- Good verbal and written skills, with a high level of accuracy
- Must have an ability to use tact, good judgement and initiative
- Ability to work under pressure, plan workload and work to deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must be a team player and represent Air Canada in a professional manner
- Wear Company uniform as prescribed and conform to Company grooming standard
- Required to wear PPE in designated high-risk areas
- Shift work with emphasis on flexibility to fit operational requirements
- Full valid UK driving licence
- Additional Assets
- Current Forklift licence
- DfT Security trained
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.