Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
- Manage all financial matters related to Kilo and Kilo related projects including month end accruals/explanations, invoice validation, po tracking monthly outlooks, budgets etc.
- Act as the main financial point of contact and subject matter expert for these projects
- Identify risks for cost overruns, and work with the project manager and team to mitigate wherever possible
- Support the Strategic Purchasing team in reviewing and validating all financial expressions as they relate to the individual vendor contracts
- Ensure project change request process is followed. Track and identify any change in product specification or cost requiring AC and vendor approval
- Provide monthly financial outlook including monthly cash flow forecasts to project team and the finance capital review committee
- Liaise with Winnipeg finance to establish the recording of costs against the correct capital expenditure account numbers
- Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
- Establish a positive relationship with clients while effectively balancing financial control, advisory and support roles. Coordinate effectively to obtain up-to-date forecasts, documentation and sign-offs.
- Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output.
- Support ad hoc projects with financial analysis and reporting requirements
- Provide support in the AFC due diligence process. Develop, review and test AFC and business case submissions ahead of Finance Committee.
- Ensure that every expense is associated to an approved AFC and is linked to an approved contract – developed into a po tracking system
- Perform cost and value comparisons to improve financial performance. Developing KPIs that can be monitored over time to better understand project performance and deliverables.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA, CFA, MBA designation or underway is an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of financial analysis techniques
- Self starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills/team player
- Ability to multitask while remaining organized
- Ability to work under pressure and quickly react to changing timelines and priorities
- Ability to build and maintain advanced financial models in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to learn financial software/applications
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.