Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Learning Platforms & LMS Manager will be responsible for organizational development as it relates to the development and production and maintenance of learning products, styleguides and platforms. This includes ensuring compliance with corporate strategies, brands and quality standards / processes. The LP and LMS Manager is responsible for strategic implementation of learning objects and courses and will be accountable for courseware accuracy and integrity. They will be the main point of contact for all on line learning inquires and change requests.
- Create new LMS strategies and envelope effective products and measurement tools including eLearning, rapid learning animated videos, reference materials, tests, retention validation, surveys.
- Assess new authoring software and technology and improve effectiveness of existing training material
- Responsible for research, benchmark (external / internal trends) and produce and make recommendations on learning & development technologies and help establish priorities for new initiatives.
- Responsible for all translation services (quality control) of learning materials.
- Administer LMS as well as support, implement , maintain and deliver learning content, assets, and resources.
- Create and ensure all technical logistics around planning of Webinars, virtual classrooms.
- Measure and analyze the effectiveness of both the system architecture and learner experience (data and long term impact)
- Train and or provide directional guidance for special assignments, maternity alternates and employees working with Talent Engagement and Diversity.
- Represent Air Canada in on boarding events, talent and external collaborative talent partnerships.
- Provide directional guidance to program facilitators .
- Approve and process vendor and contractual invoices.
- Measure results of learning systems and data reports to quickly manage/ adapt additional training acitivites
- Manage content and design (architect), and oversee administration of the branch LMS.
- Experience designing and developing virtual and classroom led training materials , programs and content.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development
- Professional and practical experience with author-ware tools such as Articulate 360 (with copywriting skills )
- Knowledge in managing an LMS (upload learning material , produce reports, develop SCORM content)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – command of grammar rules and spelling in one of the official languages
- Ability to learn rapidly, master diverse technologies and techniques
- Strong organizational/ project planning and management
- Explicit attention to detail
- Knowledge of other author-ware tools (Captivate, Adobe Suite) – audio / video editing
- Experience with WorkDay , Talensoft platforms (or similar)
- Web and media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud, HTML, CSS)
- Experience integrating use of knowledge base and online reference for learning and performance support
- Able to seamlessly incorporate game-based learning elements into eL course-ware
- Multi task and deadline oriented
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues and internal clients
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on quality or detail
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.