Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Manager, Cargo Business Optimization is responsible to define, support, and implement strategic, operational, and organizational opportunities.
The successful candidate will play a role in identifying, scoping, and executing high-value, cross-functional opportunities within the Cargo Branch.
The successful candidate must be able to build strong relationships with key partners both within and outside of the Cargo Branch and must be able to effectively communicate at all levels of the business.
- Provide leadership, support, and oversight of the projects and achievement of branch and corporate goals
- Improve speed and quality of strategic business opportunities;
- Act as key contributor to transformational initiatives that drive growth or promote scalability, as well as reduce costs to ensure greater profitability;
- Support branch strategies that involve developing a culture of improvement and challenging the status quo while ensuring quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met using employee and consumer insight and sustainable execution business framework
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and SMEs to provide best practices, develop LEAN improvement skill-set, generate ideas and implement recommendations as required.
- Participate in and facilitate data-gathering, brain-storming sessions, and analysis of current state, identifying waste and non-value added process steps for elimination, reduction or work-around to reach desired future state while helping teams solve problems, devise solutions and build teamwork.
- Support the development of process measures, process tools, and controlling KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and ensure they are achievable on each project;
- Assist in driving a culture of positive change towards adaptation of best practices at Air Canada Cargo capabilities.
- Lead and participate in the transition of projects and improvements from development to functional implementation and ownership.
- Cost control; seek opportunities to mitigate initial costs as well as ongoing operational costs.
- Work collaboratively with key departments to analyze current business processes and identify opportunities to increase operational efficiencies and quality of service;
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives and new ways of doing things;
- Drive improvement initiatives that positively impact the business;
- Identify areas of improvement and facilitate improvement projects that can result in significant improvement in profitability;
- Interface with key stakeholders and identify opportunities for value
- Five years work experience in logistics, transportation or supply chain management.
- Work experience in project management, PMP or similar certification an asset
- Knowledge of process mapping, process design and workflow management software and applications
- Cargo industry experience is an asset
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills in order to drive motivation and change initiative
- Advanced Computer Skills: MS Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; knowledge of Visio
- Passion for innovative solutions and process improvement; demonstrated experience driving processes improvements
- Strong project management and analytical skills; ability to lead projects at a network level to influence and obtain buy-in, and then drive execution, analysis and achievement of the right results.
- Relationship building expertise with ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven capacity to understand, analyze, model and effectively communicate information
- Self-reliant, good problem solver
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Results-oriented, customer-centric and influential with exceptional people skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.