Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada sponsors 8 defined benefit pension plans. The plans' assets are managed by a wholly owned subsidiary of Air Canada and are held in a diversified portfolio of traditional asset classes (bonds and stocks), alternative investments (derivatives, infrastructure, private equity and real estate) and portable alpha strategies (hedge funds and tactical asset allocation) worth over $19B. The assets are invested by internal and external managers. The Investment’s team of 49 professionals is located in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Director, Hedge Funds & Alternative Investments, the analyst will contribute to manage the portfolio of hedge funds and alternative funds, monitor and supervise the external managers, provide consistent and top quality analysis in order to assist in the strategic decisions pertaining to the portfolio.
- Participate in the search and evaluation of hedge fund and alternative fund managers
- Provide ongoing research coverage of the hedge fund industry, to identify industry trends and market intelligence and communicate the findings and such insights to the Team
- Produce performance reports of alternatives and hedge fund portfolios to clients
- Involved in strategic and long-term asset allocation within the portfolio
- Monitor on a continuous basis the evolution of the hedge fund and alternative funds, as well as the assets within the various funds
- Produce concise written summary reports on a quarterly basis
- Perform various quantitative and qualitative analysis to help in the day-to-day management of the pension plans’ assets
- Assist in performing modeling and calculations to analyze and quantify the performance and risks of various strategies
- Conduct market research and maintain a continuous knowledge of the general market conditions
- Maintain close relationships with various parties, including external managers, consultants and investment peers
- Perform other duties as assigned or required and act as a resource person for team members as necessary
- University graduate degree in finance, actuarial science, math or other related field. Master degree is an asset.
- Additional qualifications such as CFA, CAIA, & FRM designations is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in hedge fund and alternative institutional environment
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of the hedge fund industry and the various strategies
- Fully bilingual (French/English)
- Knowledge of derivative instruments
- Skilled with the manipulation of large quantity of data, and at preparing reports summarizing pertinent information
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner under pressure
- Rigorous, disciplined and well organized (efficient, high quality, well structured work)
- Strong analytical skills with a sense for detail
- Fast learner
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently
- Free to travel from time to time
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.