Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This position will act as a liaison and partner for the HR Manager in the development of the HR portfolio that support the Company’s Corporate aims.
- Support HR Manager in administrative issues
- Assist in recruiting matters
- Assist in data protection matters
- Provide support for ensuring appropriate recording of accident and incident investigation reports.
- Prompt liaison with external solicitors and social security organisations ensuring requested information is provided in a timely manner.
- Prepare relevant reports and deal with appropriate correspondence
- Liaise with company Auditors and external Auditors
- Manage sick leave reporting for Germany & Switzerland with regards to local legislation.
- Yearly follow-up of child allowance (certificates)
- Handle all retiree related issues e.g. sending yearly pension information and issues certificates for German tax authorities, obtain and send life certificates to pension fund for each AC/CP retiree
- Liaise with Occupational Health with regard to Medical reports, ensuring the correct action is taken
- Organize restricted duties /rehabilitation programs for employees, in conjunction with departments
- Undertake Investigations, Disciplinary and Grievance Hearings as required
- Other HR duties or projects if required.
- Bachelor or Master degree in the field of Human Resources, Industrial Relations or comparable apprenticeship
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in the field of Human Resource or Industrial Relations
- Very good knowledge of HR practices and processes
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of respect for confidentiality
- Able to work under pressure, unsupervised and use own initiative
- Strong knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent in German and English, French is an asset
Bilingual (English and German). French an asset.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.