Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The purpose of this position is to develop and maintain strong business relationships with our Independent Forwarder groups & e-Commerce partners, to maintain and grow sales and strengthen our strategic relationships with these partners. The position will report to the General Sales Manager, Global Partnerships and will be focused on finding creative ways to secure strong business relationships and ensure maximum profitability with these new lines of business and partners.
- Identify revenue opportunities with partner group and jointly develop a strategy to mutually increase revenue and profitability.
- Participate in the strategic development and negotiation of partner plans with Independent Forwarder groups.
- Act as primary interface between Air Canada Cargo and e-Commerce partners and chosen portfolio of Independent forwarder groups.
- Maintain regular contact with Air Canada customer base.
- Track, measure and analyse the programmes effectiveness and profitability against targets.
- Provide guidance and direction to regional sales teams on active partnerships to engage their support in attaining your respective sales targets.
- Effectively develop and manage sales plans by setting weekly/monthly/quarterly goals and objectives, prioritizing tasks, utilizing your time effectively and efficiently, and taking full advantage of available resources
- Attend relevant industry events, trade shows and partner events to increase Air Canada Cargo’s visibility with independent forwarder groups and key e-commerce industry leaders
- Provide intelligence, guidance and direction regarding pricing strategies and allocation management for partner portfolio to Sales, Pricing and Capacity teams.
- Create and prepare corporate presentations and strategic sales development calls to effectively engage all levels of decision-makers and create a multi-facetted and deep relationship with independent forwarder groups and e-commerce partners.
- Support marketing team to develop and implement forward thinking marketing campaigns to strategically and successfully position Air Canada Cargo in the forefront.
- Strong understanding of the cargo business with commercial sales experience.
- Sales experience with proven success in meeting/exceeding measurable sales targets/quotas
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills in dealing with data and general industry information.
- Proven time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to cope with irregular or multiple work demands
- Ability to travel.
- Proficiency with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel,Power Point, and SalesForce CRM.
- Undergraduate business degree a definite asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.