Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
To support Air Canada continued growth and success, the Network Planning branch is expanding its Scheduling team that manages Air Canada’s medium to short-term horizon flying schedules and network. Main objective is the continued development of the schedule along commercial and operational lines in accordance with corporate objectives for profitability, growth, competitive market position and customer experience.
Other Significant Interactions
Roles & Responsibilities
- Network Planning
- Revenue Management
- Financial Evaluations
- Operational branches (Maintenance, Airports, System Operation Control, Flight Crewing etc.)
This is a critical leadership role within the Network Planning organization that is responsible for balancing commercial requirements and operational constraints in the medium, long and short-term planned network schedule which covers the 3 day to 18 months out horizon.
- Manage deployment of the over 400 aircraft fleet at Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express in the medium to short term planned schedule to maximize asset utilization, revenues and profits
- Evaluate, implement and communicate aircraft changes to key stakeholders in the company
- Assists in optimizing profitability of entire network plan
- Ensure operational requirements are met in the network schedule, including those as a result of unplanned changes, while maintaining or exceeding the planned network profitability
- Adjust network capacity based on commercial opportunities
- Work with Air Canada’s operating groups to understand cost levers and manage schedule plan in cost effective manner while maximizing profitability
- Maintain optimized manpower requirements with operational branches (e.g. crewing, airports, maintenance)
- Assist with the Jetz schedule and Charters providing support when required
- Airline experience, including operational and/or commercial knowledge or demonstrated interest in aviation and airline business
- Core scheduling experience, or ability to learn, is an asset
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and short deadlines
- Self-starter and able to work well under pressure in a team environment
- Communication skills including the ability to resolve conflicts and obtain buy in
- A degree in Business or Mathematics, Statistics or Economics, an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.