Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is presently looking for dynamic individuals to fill a permanent full-time position of Certified Aircraft Technician at our Barbados Line Maintenance Station.
At Air Canada our Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (AME) are responsible for powerplant, avionics and airframe maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be "team players" with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
- Being self-motivated and confident is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of proven aircraft maintenance experience Heavy commercial Transport aircraft experience preferable;
- Technician/College degree/diploma in aircraft maintenance, mechanics or electronics.
- Possession of a Barbados AME License and /or a Transport Canada AME M2
- Must have exercised the privileges of the applicable AME license for at least 2 years.
- Possession of valid Barbados driver license;
- Must qualify to hold an Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) under a Transport Canada approved maintenance organization.
- Ability to work in a team concept as well as stand-alone with focus on the team.
- Be available to work days, evenings or nights including weekends and holidays.
- Proficiency with PC (MS Office).
- Must Have a Police Certificate of Character to obtain a Airport restricted area access pass;
- Must hold a valid passport.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be a citizen of Barbados or have landed immigrant status and be legally eligible to work in Barbados.
- ATA Spec 104 Level III aircraft maintenance course on any Aircraft type operated by Air Canada.
- Mandatory English (Writing, Reading, Speaking)
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.