Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible to lead cabin personnel with specific emphasis ensuring maintenance of corporate and safety standards and smooth functioning of the In-Flight Service operation.
- Manage, monitor and co-ordinate various activities and processes to achieve excellence in the areas of safety, operational and customer service standards.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve service and operational problems with a results-oriented approach to performance.
- Manage the daily operational plan specific to In-Flight Service, ensuring optimal performance specific to on- time departures including gate support to departing flights.
- Provide day-to-day decision-making, direction and support focused on the onboard product delivery, operational integrity, and regulatory requirements.
- Investigate and resolve issues pertaining to delays, incidents and other operational deficiencies in conjunction with other departments.
- Assume local leadership, as assigned, for specific local initiatives for process & performance improvement
- Consistently communicate with employees and customers with company directions and explain the rationale behind our policies or decisions.
- Anticipate employees’ and customers’ needs and be available for them
- Assist with irregular operations and special operational plans
- Act as a coach for the employees, motivate and engage individuals and the team to build a positive and healthy working environment.
- Ensure provisions of the Official Languages Act are applied to the daily work environment as required
- Experience in leading, motivating and coaching
- Successfully complete the Flight Attendant training program & maintain qualifications
- Successfully complete the Service Director training program and operate as Service Director
- Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Intercultural competence and consciousness
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create and achieve a vision
- Strong customer focus
- Strong analytical, comparative, innovative and creative skills
- Strong product knowledge (safety, service standards and labor relations)
- Competitive awareness
- Detail oriented
- Impartial and engaged
- Ability to meet deadlines, work under pressure and achieve multiple objectives
- Highly adaptable and flexible to support a 24/7 operation
- Fluency in English & French as a quantifiable asset or route language
- Airline / hospitality experience an asset
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.