Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the General Manager, IFS Cabin Crew – Western Canada, the Manager, IFS Cabin Crew is responsible for managing cabin crew performance from an administrative perspective.
- Responsible for cabin crew performance and adherence to corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements. Ensure required follow-up on deficiencies.
- Promote and coach onboard service excellence.
- Ensure that the Corporate Absenteeism Management System (CAMS) is in practice and adhered to.
- Identify and track administrative process deficiencies for resolution with other branches/departments as well as establish new base processes as they relate to the management of cabin crew performance.
- Ensure compliance with the Official Languages Policy and required testing of employees in both official and route languages.
- Foster strong working relationship with CUPE, focused on results, including the Level I grievance process.
- Responsible to track, monitor and communicate all base follow-ups in accordance with branch standards.
- Manage cabin crew performance issues related to on-board sales procedures.
- Coach and develop direct reports i.e. Performance Management and Labour Relations issues.
- Support and foster harmonious relationships within the IFS branch and with other departments across the Air Canada network.
- Maintain safety as first topic day to day (production and administration).
- Assume any responsibilities delegated by the direct reporting Manager.
- Keep abreast of corporate initiatives and communications.
- Establish and maintain business processes and procedures for the position
- Follow Risk Assessment Management for changes or introduction of equipment, processes and procedures and when conducting all investigations.
- Follow document retention guidelines.
- Airline experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and team building skills
- Labour relations knowledge and practical application
- Broad experience and expertise in managing both a non-unionized and unionized workforce
- Previous management experience
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.