Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to play an important role in regard to projects and initiatives that involve IT Cloud Infrastructure. This position requires strong general infrastructure knowledge to enable our project and activity initiators to make wise decisions for the business.
These are exciting times for IT at Air Canada, with many major projects underway that will transform the IT landscape in the company, such as the replacement of the company’s core Passenger Service System, a new Loyalty Program and a new Operations Platform. Air Canada is also investing in new technologies that will facilitate its digital transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technologies, to build and lead a strong technical team of staff and supporting partners, and to contribute to the creation of the Air Canada of tomorrow.
Air Canada emphasis on employee engagement, customer satisfaction and effective IT services for safe, reliable and secure operations are driving the need for wholescale improvements to infrastructure delivery, resilience and a major leap forward in design. The data centers and infrastructure support must adapt as the company eases toward a heavier cloud footprint, higher performance, automation, and greater resilience for critical services.
This position reports to the Director, Cloud Services and the successful applicant will interact with other leaders within IT, project teams, IT business partners, external service partners and with the members of the Network and Core infrastructure team.
- Develop and communicate strategies for the deployment of new cloud capabilities and services that will include impact assessment and change management, shared with our Air Canada and vendor teams.
- Provide technical leadership within projects and with our Air Canada teams to develop, recommend and oversee delivery of cloud infrastructure solutions that will align with corporate vision, advance technological capabilities and bring business value. Provide wise guidance around items such as sizing, performance, DR, licensing, RTO, RPO etc.
- Deployment, automation, maintenance, and management of mission-critical cloud-based production systems (i.e. Azure and AWS) to ensure availability, performance, and scalability.
- Automate cloud services using vendor-specific services to support the infrastructure deployment and management Lifecyle.
- Support the migration to Cloud based IT solutions by applying expertise and knowledge to solution architects that deliver an optimal client experience while minimizing risks and maximizing benefits.
- Work closely with the Security & Compliance team to ensure best in class security solutions.
- Participation in troubleshooting cloud infrastructure issues and provide leadership/responsibility for MI’s related to cloud services.
- Consult and collaborate with vendors/partners/extended stakeholders in developing or deploying cloud infrastructure solutions.
- A relevant University degree/technical certification (and/or relevant experience).
- 10+ years experience in IT, with a focus on IT Infrastructure and Operations.
- 4+ years of Cloud Operations related experience; significant expertise on the Azure ecosystem of services and products. AWS experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience of platform architecture and support experience.
- Strong understanding of networks, firewall systems, and routing protocols.
- Solid understanding of basic Internet and data exchange technologies (browser-based applications, HTTP, FTP, XML, Web Services).
- Experience in automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Packer, Terraform, Azure automation).
- A self starter with critical thinking, analytical approach, business acumen and decision making.
- Bring a sense of urgency, customer advocacy and a drive for results.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude.
- Familiarity with the airline industry is an asset, and transportation/logistics background is also an asset.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.