Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Air Canada Maintenance Engineering team is looking for a dynamic individual with a demonstrated strong sense of initiative, creativity and commitment to continuous process improvement and working in a team environment.
The Manager Engineering – Airbus position provides leadership and direction to a group of multi-functional engineers in the areas of aircraft systems, avionics and maintenance program support and development. The Manager Engineering responsibilities extend beyond the team of direct reports and reach into the Power-plant, Structures, Cabin, Maintenance Operations Control, Supply Chain Management, Vendor Management and Flight Operations Engineering organizations for added support.
- Provide oversight and support to the maintenance and development activities related to the Air Canada aircraft Maintenance Program standard, while respecting cost, checking efficiency, MRO constraints and turn around time requirements.
- Implement cost effective fleet improvements that are driven by emerging trends in Out of Service (OOS) data, incident reports or risk assessment analysis.
- Assist Vendor Management in the support of Airframe Maintenance events.
- Assist internal customer such as, Maintenance Operations Control, Planning, Supply Chain and Airworthiness in support of operational requirements.
- Ensure the teams' timely review and disposition of all aircraft Technical Documentation: Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), NPRMs, Configuration, Maintenance and Procedures (CMP), Maintenance Planning Document (MPD), etc.
- Coordinate quarterly Maintenance Review Board (MRB) presentations with a focus on out-of-service (OOS) data analysis
- Ensure liaison with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), Transport Canada and other external suppliers
- Lead the development of all projects required to maintain airworthiness, improve fleet performance and lower operating costs; (MAREP, Check Development Committee (CDC) & Authorization for Commitment (AFC))
- Represent Air Canada in the industry in order to keep up to date with regulatory changes, latest technology and skills as it relates to the Airbus fleet.
- Lead the Engineering Fleet - Airbus team by being an effective communicator, setting clear and challenging expectations as well as encouraging and rewarding the team.
- Engage Aircraft Programs in the decision making process related to major programs.
- Bachelor's degree/diploma in engineering an asset.
- At least 10 years experience in aeronautical, preference for aviation
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and experience dealing with a large number of people in customer and supplier relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good grasp of Regulatory requirements and Lease arrangements.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to a team of direct and indirect reports in a fast changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of applicable safety, environmental and other regulatory requirements, policies and standards.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Maintenance Program development, Maintenance Steering Group - 3 (MSG3) Analysis, documentation requirements, reliability monitoring.
- Strong technical background of aircraft systems and operations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.