Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, this position delivers on a full range of Human Resources programs and activities in support of their dedicated branches. Acts as first point of contact for consultation and advisement on employee relations and human resources issues including performance, progressive discipline, conflict resolution, recruitment, HR policies and programs and professional development.
- As primary contact person for Management and employees, provides guidance and expertise on the interpretation and implementation of human resources processes, programs and policies in alignment with corporate goals and employment legislation.
- Supports the implementation and maintenance of various HR initiatives including compensation programs, talent management, performance management, and the interpretation and consultation of various assessment related tools.
- Provides Managers with tools, information and guidance to address employee issues in a consistent, equitable manner and advises on the creation/follow-up of developmental plans for employee performance improvement.
- Consults with branch Management teams (including Sr. management) to determine HR requirements/needs/support for branch.
- Develops and implements specific HR programs in accordance with the needs of the branch and corporate expectations.
- On a regular basis, provides assessments and diagnostics of specific situations and develops resolution initiatives or action plans to assist Managers in the effective implementation of solutions for employees.
- Contributes to the development of HR metrics and monitors such to understand and act on trends.
- Provides expertise to Managers and Directors in the organizational restructuring process including the development of job descriptions, compensation review and terminations.
- Assists in the development of sourcing strategies for hard to fill positions and when applicable provides direction to any third party involved.
- Consults with legal department to determine appropriate course of action for sensitive issues.
- Investigates informal harassment allegations, including fact finding, assessment and development of investigation report. Builds the resolution strategy and supports the branch in its implementation.
- Develops and maintains productive and collaborative relationships throughout the business; demonstrates empathy, professional credibility and confidentiality at all times.
- Undergraduate degree in related field or HR certificate or equivalent experience
- HR Professional designation (asset)
- 3 – 5 years HR experience as a generalist, providing advice/guidance to Management on HR policies, federal laws, issues, etc.
- Knowledge of employment law
- Ability to read situations/people quickly and accurately in order to best approach the issue at hand
- Ability to influence Management in various situations, even in settling disputes, in order to support Corporate/Branch line while ensuring cooperation and respect from all parties.
- Can easily identify strengths & competencies of individuals and assess fit within the organization and team.
- Experience working with people at various levels within a complex organization
- Decision quality; conflict management; hiring & staffing; effective written and verbal communication; interpersonal savvy; diplomacy; discretion
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.