Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
This role will have overall responsibility for development, go-live and production systems of Air Canada’s Corporate Data Management and Analytics Center of Expertise.
- Responsible for the performance of offshore development team by monitoring capacity and service level
- Ensure compliance by monitoring adherence to our desired development & documentation standards
- Responsible for establishing development standards
- Responsible for establishing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for support and track performance
- Own the backlog process and ensure progress on fixes and small requests are being executed.
- Monitor operations and ensure continuous improvement and optimization (e.g.: failed jobs, late jobs) by implementing a Proactive and Preventative Maintenance & Sustainment (PPM) process
- Product Owner for requirements on all installations (software and hardware) and configurations projects regarding all our platforms (Teradata, Webfocus, Power BI, Informatica and demand management system)
- Responsible for managing an offshore support team; follow severity 1 and 2 support tickets and take action when support level agreements are not met
- Manage the DevOps delivery model and recommend adjustments based on results, when needed
- Ensure functionality of our installed products are up to date and supported; manage the configuration management process
- Participate in the leadership of the Center of Expertise (CoE) organization as a leader setting departmental direction, policies, goals, project coordination
- Identify risks and issues and elicit participation from required stakeholders to address and close them to satisfaction
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation required for success of initiatives
- Accountable for participating in project plans, as well as in road mapping exercise
- Work with Program Manager to best realize the goals and objectives of the Data Management & Analytics Program
- Create presentations, materials to create buy-in of devOps solutions both with application teams and with senior management
- Perform planning and allocation of work to the outsourced team members, consulting, technical analysis, development, testing, implementation and support to ensure resilience and robustness
- Collaborate and build relationships with outsourcing teams and act as a change agent
- Help implement guidelines, standards, and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements
- Understand the various application architectures and ensure development of supportable automation processes
- Help manage infrastructure costs and budgets
- Coordinate with Architecture and Quality teams to ensure timely delivery of projects, features, bugfixes, and infrastructure improvements into multiple production environments
- Lead and coordinate the go-live activities essential to the execution of the deployment plans/checklists
- 3+ years’ experience in personnel management
- 3+ years in managing outsourced or offshore teams
- Demonstrated experience managing Ops/DevOps teams, including agile development approaches, including KPI development for efficiency tracking
- 5+ years’ experience in data management, ETL technology in a BI/DW context and/or business intelligence systems
- Experience in master data management and reference data management processes
- Effective and professional oral and written communication skills, interfacing with internal peers, upper management, and customers in technical and non-technical communications, both in French and English fluently
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Team player and ability to function effectively in a fast paced, team oriented work environment with a bias toward action
- Ability to operate effectively under conditions of ambiguity
- Ability to understand and affect decisions strategically for the interest of Air Canada first and foremost
- Knowledge of Teradata appliance environment
- Knowledge of Informatica
- Experience with MDM or RDM applications and implementations
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.