Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to the Vice President and Corporate Secretary of Air Canada. The ideal candidate will be a team player with meticulous work standards, possess basic project management skills, able to prioritize and multitask, and have exemplary interpersonal skills. The nature of the work demands complete confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key members of the organization and gain their trust and respect
- Interface/liaise regularly with other Air Canada Executives, their assistants, their leadership teams and external customers
- Provide support to the Manager, Board Relations during Board meetings and with special projects as required
- Assist with the preparation of the annual shareholder meeting
- Conduct daily calendar management (Outlook) and proactively adjust schedule based on priorities
- Manage and prioritize tasks and emails and conduct timely follow ups
- Organize meetings (planning, agenda, scheduling, food/beverage and technology)
- Plan and organize travel arrangements, including flight, hotel and ground transportation
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Complete expense reports
- Create/maintain contact lists and spreadsheets
- Monitor and provide updates on departmental budget
- Maintain accurate records and filing of records
- Provide administrative support to the team as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Five-years’ experience in a similar position supporting Executive or senior management level positions would be an asset
- Any legal experience is a definite asset
- Ability to work well and maintain composure under pressure, meet deadlines and work with minimum supervision
- Strong sense of initiative and interpersonal skills: problem solving, customer focused, approachability
- Excellent organizational skills: planning, priority setting and managing through systems
- A very high degree of diplomacy, discretion, professional maturity and judgement
- Looks beyond the obvious and able to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Excellent communication skills
- Expert knowledge of Windows and all Microsoft Office products
- Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours, on occasion
- Some limited travel may be required
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.